A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Does anyone feel like me that Audi with the release of the A4 has made you want to look at other car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoL...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Exactly! Better for those of us who actually like the B8

Seriously, the Audi "enthusiasts" are the biggest bunch of whiners I've ever come across on an automotive message board in my life. AW should make a separate sub-forum for complaints... it would probably be the most active one on the site!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Ok, in my opinion in response to yours...

"..the new model is, in my opinion, an inadequate redesign" (inadequate? new, lighter, more rigid chassis and body, 60/40 Quattro, better f/r balance, improved handling, more rear seating room, much bigger trunk, advanced engine design with improved gas mileage and horsepower, superior iPod/iPhone integration, a B&O sound system that sounds better than any OEM I've ever owned in a car, advanced electronics and a much nicer appearance than any A4 made to date).
Not exactly an inadequate redesign, just to name a few.

"Audi of America has hobbled the car with a poorly planned launch" (I don't own any part of their company so don't really care about their marketing issues)

"restricted option packages" (not for me - I got the options I wanted)

"limited interior and exterior color choices" (again, they had exactly what I wanted)

"unfortunate powertrain combinations" (not unfortuate for me - the car goes as fast as I'm able to drive it safely and legally; if some kid can beat me to the next stoplight by a few 10ths of a second, I don't give a crap).
Old 09-26-2008, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Amen!

I realize it's all personal taste, but it's unfortunate that so many of you have terrible taste.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thread Hi-Jack!!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It isn't, But they're some folks here that wishes that it was. I call them Lemmings.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 2009 335i residual 62%, 2009 A4 2.0T quattro Prestige residual 54%

The Audi residual is before any deduction AFS applies for S-line or Sport package cars.

Both are for 12K mile/year and 36 months, so you can see there s a huge gap. When I got my car, the 12K/year, 36 month residual was 63%, So it has only gone down by 1 point. The MF is a little higher now than when I got my car but I would be eligible for loyalty as a current BMWFS customer which should help lower the MF slighlty. The sticker price, however, has gone up by about $2700 for teh same car fron 2007 to 2009 model year.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default jeeebus...settle down already.

I think there's some valid points to be made that the current A4 doesn't present a good value to many people, particularly those who have had Audis in the past.

If you love your new A4, then good for you. I think most of us agree it is a great looking car and technically very interesting and is probably a joy to own and drive. However, A4s are not cheap anymore and Audi has really cut back on offering a broader range that us "more experienced" Audi fans are used to. For example, manual transmissions combined with V6s -- a typical A4 combination for a long time.

In any case, it should be interesting in view of the current economy how many A4s get sold. Currently China is buying more Audis than the US. I'm not confident that Audi USA knows what it is doing with the brand and with what it is deciding to offer.

Audi USA's current plan of emphasizing the "safe" part of the A4 market (i.e., 4cyl A4 automatics that are by far the largest selling version) at the expense providing models that many long-time enthusiasts desire (V6 manual, V6 and S4 Avant) means that Audi is going to DEFINITELY lose customers and MAYBE gain some marketshare with the A4 2.0T automatics. Problem is, the market segment is pretty "fashion conscious" and typically leases cars, so Audi USA is unlikely to gain any long-term customers with the 2.0T A4 automatics. These people will just as likely get the new BMW or Mercedes when it comes out. Whatever seems cool at the time.

Again, if you love your new A4, enjoy. I think it's a great car. Unfortunately for me, for about $45,000, the new A4 is not quite the right package to warrant buying one now. I think many other long-term Audi owners agree with me.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree 100%.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ahh I didn't know yours was the only opinion that mattered....never mind.

I'll put my order in today.

Quick Reply: Does anyone feel like me that Audi with the release of the A4 has made you want to look at other car