A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Help identifying part that fell off car

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying part that fell off car

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone around here is an Audi tech with access to whatever parts system Audi uses. I had a part come of my vehicle recently when it got stuck on some snow. It has a part # of 8K0 825 212. It is a rubber piece approximately 8" wide by 2" deep by 1 1/2" tall, shaped a little like a V when viewed from the side with three "tabs" where it physically attaches to the car. It looks like it is some type of protective piece, probably off the air damn on the bottom of the car. I google'd the part number but nothing really came up.

I'd be curious where this part goes so I can decide if I want to replace it or not.

Thx,
Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I looked this up on ecstuning.com where they often include actual photos of the part. It just came up as "Trim" for only $18.49. Really cheap.

It also has "A" and "B" which might mean left abd right.

The bottom of the front bumper near the front wheel well there is a small black air dam of sorts, on on each side of the car. You might have lost both, but only found one?

Can you take a picture of the piece and post.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a4Happy
I'm hoping someone around here is an Audi tech with access to whatever parts system Audi uses.
Here is the ETKA parts diagram.
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, please post a pic. It looks similar to the plastic panels that we had to remove last weekend when installing new springs in the rear of my car. If they are, they're just held in by a few torx screws underneath and are right in front of each rear wheel well. If they're for the fronts, I can't imagine that installing them would be much different.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

need_TQM... Yes, yes, yes... THAT'S IT!!! Thank's so much

So, how crucial does this little part look? The reason I ask is it appears that it actually broke the back side of the "underbody lining" that the "trim for kickplate" would normally attach to. So I think to get it fixed I'd have to purchase a new underbody lining (either just a right or left.)

I'll look under the car tomorrow.

Thx all..
Old 01-29-2010, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsDubC
Yes, please post a pic.
Hey, not the OP, but I got curious ... So I guess these are to deflect the airflow down and away from the rear suspension/etc to improve drag?
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2010, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep. That's the part exactly... I had to rock back and forth a touch on some snow I had high-centered on (in my driveway) and it busted off. In looking at your pictures, I bet I can find a way to re-attach it with some extra screws. It won't look as pretty, but should have the same aero-dynamic effect that they were going for (whatever it was...) I'll probably wait until summer to attach it as it's really cold and snowy right now.

Thank you sooooo much for looking up this part and taking a picture. It was a HUGE help.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by need_TQM
Hey, not the OP, but I got curious ... So I guess these are to deflect the airflow down and away from the rear suspension/etc to improve drag?
Hmmm, wonder how many others like you, and now like me, are going out to check under their car to see if these deflectors are still intact?
Old 01-30-2010, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

May help drag, but may also help keep road debris and water away from some components?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by need_TQM
Here is the ETKA parts diagram.
I went out to the garage today to wash the car, but before doing so I had a peek underneath to see if my 2007 A4/B7 2.0T sedan has the same part that fell off “a4Happy’s” car. Either the B7 doesn’t come with them, or I have lost both .

Would you happen to have an ETKA parts diagram for the B7 to see if there is, or isn’t, a similar part?

Thanks for your trouble.

Quick Reply: Help identifying part that fell off car