A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

I love Advanced Key, Comfort Access, whatever it's called

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I love Advanced Key, Comfort Access, whatever it's called

Especially being able to lock the car by hitting the tiny lock button on my own door handle and walk away BEFORE my passengers have even closed their own doors (at which point the car recognizes all of the doors are closed and emits a confirmation chirp from the alarm).
Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hear, hear! When I get to the office and my hands are full with briefcase in one hand, large ice coffee in the other, change of clothes and bike magazines in between, all I have to do is contact the handle with my (admittedly massive) forearm and it locks for me! Chirp!
Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great thread to remind me how lucky I am to have such a cool feature! It's my first car with keyless entry/ignition but I've gotten so used to it that I always forget to pull the keys out when we take my wife's X3.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The advanced key/start button might be the single most under-rated feature in this car. Too bad the key is not card shaped like a HID security card, though. That would make it even more convenient.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One shouldn't have to buy a fully loaded car to get it though. The feature is available on cars costing half with a Prestige Package A4 costs.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the advanced key, although I wish it was a tad smaller.

I remember tossing my gear bag in the trunk after a softball game and closing the lid, only to have it pop open. It took a couple of tries before I realized my key was in the bag and the car wouldn't let me lock it inside.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRoadFan
One shouldn't have to buy a fully loaded car to get it though. The feature is available on cars costing half with a Prestige Package A4 costs.
Tell me about it. Nissans, Toyotas, and Hondas seem to have it standard on most of their cars.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the key has to be big enough, so if the batery dies, you can still operate the car in manual. The key can also be put in the ignition. Likely never will though.

The only reason I splurged for the high end package was for smart key. Then once in that package, well might as well get the b@o, and then load it up too.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blake P
Great thread to remind me how lucky I am to have such a cool feature! It's my first car with keyless entry/ignition but I've gotten so used to it that I always forget to pull the keys out when we take my wife's X3.
That's funny, because I'm constantly trying to put the key into the ignition when I drive our A4. It's not my daily driver so I can't get used to it.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by L0U
The key has to be big enough, so if the battery dies, you can still operate the car in manual. The key can also be put in the ignition. Likely never will though.

The only reason I splurged for the high end package was for the smart key. Then once in that package, well might as well get the B&O, and then load it up too.
The key could be much smaller, but the heft I guess is part fashion statement, and part design constraint because the Valeo metal key is huge. The IC that allows the car to start can be embedded in a standard house key. Look at the valet key. The working part is tiny compared to the housing needed to shove it in the dash.

Quick Reply: I love Advanced Key, Comfort Access, whatever it's called