A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Input needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input needed

So I'm trying to keep the price down on my B8 build. Which of these options would you all go for.

Prem Plus w/ sport package and aftermarket 18 or 19in RS4 7 double-spoke wheels from Hartmann, all season tires (then sell stock wheels and tires for a loss)

or

Prestige lowered with Sport Springs stock wheels

Both of these will be chipped and have exhaust tips.

How do you think the ride compares between sport package and just the sport springs?

And how much could I expect to get selling my 18in sport package wheels and summer tires (minus TPMS sensors that I'll keep)?

Thanks for anyone who responds with your input.

Once I get this figured out, then I can figure out Aruba blue or Arrest Me Red.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 PM

Default I would just go with the Prem Plus with the sport package...

It will be cheaper to go that route.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Get it as loaded as you can afford...

That way you don't have to bother with retrofitting stuff later... Been there, done that. Can't remember all the extra options in Prestige but B&O, keyless start, and backup sensors come to mind as important features in my decision, plus I wanted S Line.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Default P+sport, unless you have money to burn, in which case, S-line.

And why all-seasons? and why aftermarket rims with P+, but not Prestige?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Prestige rims are the only ones I like and don't want the hassle of a summer/winter setup

I know the performance will be better with a summer/winter setup but I don't like the rims that come with the sport package so then I'd be looking at buying two aftermarket sets or using the ones I don't like as much 8 months of the year. I'm willing to take the compromise of all seasons so I don't have all the hassle. Unless someone convinces me that it's not a pain, I'll stick with all-seasons. Keep in mind I hardly change light bulbs so I'd be paying to have people switch the wheels twice a years as well plus TPMS issues etc.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you don't care about the Prestige accessories, go with the P+ option

The sport package will work better as a complete system than just springs alone anyway, and it should look mighty fierce with RS4's. Not sure if this is the cheaper option, but that's the way I would go (if it were me) unless I had to have the B&O, etc.

I think you could sell the slightly used take-off 18" sport pkg wheels/tires for something in the $1200-$1500 range.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default yeah the main reason to get prestige would be the wheels, B&O and advanced key

I dont' care about the side assist and parking system. Ideally, I'd get Prem Plus with sport package and the prestige wheels and add advanced key as a standalone option if that was a choice. So I guess it makes sense to go with the prem plus option. The RS4s will be nicer and then I'll only be missing out on the advanced key and B&O. If I can really get 1200-1500 for the 18s, that'll almost pay for the aftermarket wheels and tires.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default My vote: Prestige lowered with Sport Springs stock wheels

I'm not sure if you care about interior color, but I was hoping to get Aruba Blue with a black interior but it only came in grey or tan, so I got a different color instead. If you want a black interior, you might have to go with arrest me red.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was hoping the grey interior looks good but I haven't seen one yet to be sure
Old 09-13-2008, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Input needed

Don't expect much for the wheels; maybe $100 each with the tires. Stock wheels just aren't very much in demand unless you're buying for a 2nd set for winter wheels, and ø18"s really don't fit that bill. I bought a brand new set of ø16" Audi/VW wheels, unused, for just $75 each including shipping back when we had our B6 and I wanted a 2nd set of winter wheels. In fact, they're still around because we couldn't sell them again when we sold the car.

Quick Reply: Input needed