A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

My Audi A4 Driving Thru Yesterdays Blizzard...Easily!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Audi A4 Driving Thru Yesterdays Blizzard...Easily!

Yesterday there was a huge snowstorm in the new york area and I took my Audi A4 out for a ride immediately following the storm. There was about 10-12 inches of snow on the ground and my stock A4 had no problem hauling through the snow even doing some acrobatics.

Here is the video:

http://video.ultimatestreet.com/vide...d-january-2011

How impressive was that? Did anyone expect the A4 as low to the ground as it is to be able to do that kind of stuff in a foot of snow???
Old 01-12-2011, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are amazing in the snow. Last year in PA we had 34" in 26 hrs, I had mine out up to the hood with minimal problems.

also put that to some dramatic music and you have an Audi winter commercial, and you like to drift the to left a lot at the end you couldnt see the right side of the car.

anyways good stuff.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

WOW I like it!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like fun.

Lost me using an instrumental of "jessies girl" by rick springfield.

Get some teutonic techno going!

Great video!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Great Fun!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I loved the video AND the audio. It didn't sound like you used the original of "Jessie's Girl" to edit, at least to my ears.

I think the governments in Snow Belt areas should get rid of their big snow plow pieces of junk, and use the money left over to subsidize purchases of Audi Quattro cars for the public. This would reduce global warming, lower the overall government budget, and create a much more happy bunch of voters.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Michaeljones
Yesterday there was a huge snowstorm in the new york area and I took my Audi A4 out for a ride immediately following the storm. There was about 10-12 inches of snow on the ground and my stock A4 had no problem hauling through the snow even doing some acrobatics.

Here is the video:

http://video.ultimatestreet.com/vide...d-january-2011

How impressive was that? Did anyone expect the A4 as low to the ground as it is to be able to do that kind of stuff in a foot of snow???
Love the video but just wondering about something. I did this with a 1 yr old Nissan pathfinder when we got 20" one storm and before 3 years (when the lease was done) the exhaust and under carriage had a lot of rust. Exhaust needed to be changed. Is this something to worry about since it can theoretically scratch up the undercarriage?

FYI - I was not drifting on purpose but just driving through very deep snow.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by fe342185
Love the video but just wondering about something. I did this with a 1 yr old Nissan pathfinder when we got 20" one storm and before 3 years (when the lease was done) the exhaust and under carriage had a lot of rust. Exhaust needed to be changed. Is this something to worry about since it can theoretically scratch up the undercarriage?

FYI - I was not drifting on purpose but just driving through very deep snow.
Japanese vehicles just rust a lot quicker than other vehicles. In the north, you must get an underbody wash in the winter at least once a week just to offset the road salt.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! That was some light, dry "blower" snow or "Utah snow." It's the stuff skiers/snowboarders long for. 10 degrees warmer and it'd be PNW snow where you'd be grabbing shovels and digging out. It looked like fun.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was badass.. nice video!

You should sync it to Military Flight

http://sinan.ussakli.net/basstest/TH...20Military.mp3

Quick Reply: My Audi A4 Driving Thru Yesterdays Blizzard...Easily!