A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New 2012 A4 - Suggested Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012 A4 - Suggested Accessories

I just got my new 2012 A4 this weekend! There are a couple of accessories that I want to buy right now. They are a set of quality rubber floor mats and a sun screen for the windshield. What does everyone suggest?

I am also looking for suggestions on leather cleaners and conditioners. As well as vinyl cleaners and conditioners. Someone at work suggested the Lexol brand.

thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I use Meguiar's quick detailer wipes for the interior. Work great, and don't leave any residue.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I like 303 Aerospace and / or Megs # 40 for the dash. Both have a great matte finish.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get the sun shade from Audi. It's 40 bucks and a custom fit. I bought a normal one from an auto store and it didn't fit right. Spend the extra few bucks for the Audi one.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I purchased the Weather Tech "Digital Fit" floor mats and trunk liner. Although pricey, they fit like a glove and will contain any spill, melted snow, etc no problem. Very happy with them!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
I use Meguiar's quick detailer wipes for the interior. Work great, and don't leave any residue.
and their leather treatment is great too.
ecstuning has a great price for the shade, I love the rubber all weather floor mats, I just take them out, hose down and let them dry.
i got the first aid kit too from ecs for like $5 plus handeling.
but my favorite accessory is my tune ;-)
Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by canuckian
I purchased the Weather Tech "Digital Fit" floor mats and trunk liner. Although pricey, they fit like a glove and will contain any spill, melted snow, etc no problem. Very happy with them!
I have OEM mats and they are excellent as well. Worked well on ski trips with kids and that's a lot to demand
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazedKatt
I just got my new 2012 A4 this weekend! There are a couple of accessories that I want to buy right now. They are a set of quality rubber floor mats and a sun screen for the windshield. What does everyone suggest?

Get the Audi part for the sunscreen. It's cheap and fits correctly.

We've had the Weathertech mats and liners in a few cars. Recently we gave a new Lloyd mat a try and we do prefer them in terms of esthetics. Some of the "all-weather" mats are seriously ugly in an otherwise beautiful interior.

I am also looking for suggestions on leather cleaners and conditioners. As well as vinyl cleaners and conditioners. Someone at work suggested the Lexol brand.
Take a look at the Leather Master product line up. The stuff is water-based and is easier on surface compared to most other products. I think you would want the Universal Cleaner and the Protection Creme. These won't leave the surface gummy like the others do.

Enjoy the new ride, Krazed!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Black

Originally Posted by canuckian
I have a black interior. What color is yours? How well did the colors match up?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

For cleaning interiors, and to me this is especially important on german cars with their low gloss soft surfaces I prefer Einzett 1Z Cockpit Premium cleaner.

Do a google search to see where you can purchase, I buy mine off amazon for the free shipping. Works extremely well and leaves ZERO gloss on interior bits. I really like their rubber protectant and leather cleaner as well.

Have used on all my previous german cars.

Quick Reply: New 2012 A4 - Suggested Accessories