A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New 3.2 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 3.2 question

The 3.2 engine is being discontinued in the A4. We are replacing our old, stock 2000 S4 B5. The a4 3.2 is about the same horse power. I think we should be able to buy one below invoice.

We are also considering the genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. Wife needs a "chicktronic" but also has a need for speed. Opinions on the 3.2 appreciated. 3rd choice is the Subaru GT

I assume it can be at least given a chip/intake and exhaust if we get bored.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck finding a 3.2 nowadays. They ran out around here last May (2009). Very rare indeed.

No chips for 3.2. Doubtful they will.

STFA and you can find alot of threads on comparing 2.0T & 3.2 engines.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Neillo Audi in Sacramento CA had several 3.2 A4's last time I was there.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Used? Were they the service loaners or something? Never buy a service loaner!!!! Have you seen the way I drive one of them puppies, heh.

All the new 3.2 here in my state and also surronding states were gone when I was looking mid last yr.

If they're new, I would jump on the 3.2!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I came from a 2006 2.0T, and am definitely liking the 3.2 better. Mid range power is definitely there.

I've only seen about 3 on the road in the 15 months I've had it though. So I guess it is a little rare.

You can buy me out of my lease if you want... Only $41k
Old 02-16-2010, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dabbdc@yahoo.com
The 3.2 engine is being discontinued in the A4. We are replacing our old, stock 2000 S4 B5. The a4 3.2 is about the same horse power. I think we should be able to buy one below invoice.

We are also considering the genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. Wife needs a "chicktronic" but also has a need for speed. Opinions on the 3.2 appreciated. 3rd choice is the Subaru GT

Wow, do I ever enjoy my 3.2... What a beautiful machine she is. No lag and a good bit of power. If you're looking for something to have mods for go for the 2.0T as it's the cheaper (ahem, more affordable) model so there are many more on the road, meaning more money for the tuning companies. There is exhaust available for this (it shares exhaust with the A5) but no chips that I've seen yet, and I'm not really expecting one at this point.

Let me know if there is something specific I can help you with on the 3.2. Not sure what else to say other than that I absolutely LOVE it.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cabal_san
Used? Were they the service loaners or something? Never buy a service loaner!!!! Have you seen the way I drive one of them puppies, heh.

All the new 3.2 here in my state and also surronding states were gone when I was looking mid last yr.

If they're new, I would jump on the 3.2!
They were new
Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dabbdc@yahoo.com

The V6's are pretty much long gone. If you find a new one, consider it a lucky find. Personally, I think the 2.0T is very close to the V6 in terms of performance, but with better economy. But if there was one reason I'd get the V6, it would be for the split exhaust- which in my opinion transforms the back of the car from an ordinary sedan to something sporty and luxurious.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
The V6's are pretty much long gone. If you find a new one, consider it a lucky find. Personally, I think the 2.0T is very close to the V6 in terms of performance, but with better economy. But if there was one reason I'd get the V6, it would be for the split exhaust- which in my opinion transforms the back of the car from an ordinary sedan to something sporty and luxurious.
yeah i dont get why 2.0Ts have a non split exhaust, and the avant has dual but is also 2.0T.

that said, i know when i was looking in CA there were a lot of 3.2s and that was 3 weeks ago. most of them are very loaded though (almost all were prestige without sport from what i saw) with wood etc.

so if that was what you are getting you could be getting a great deal.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a 2005 2.0T and upgraded to a 2007 3.2 - night and day difference. Even if you chip the turbo to get the same or more power, still night and day. The 3.2 is soooo smooth in comparison. It has good torque, and breathes so well, all the way to 7k. It's a really nice engine.

Although I'll be trading her in in a couple months to an S4. I really enjoyed the car though.

Quick Reply: New 3.2 question