A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Please use subject line for single line responses - avoid the "Re: whatever the original line is"

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please use subject line for single line responses - avoid the "Re: whatever the original line is"

Sorry - I don't want to sound like the big, old grouch. But with a new car being released, there are a lot of new people to the AudiWorld forums. One of the best things about the default forum style of AW is that it is built to be conversational at-a-glance and nice and compact.
This works best if one replies in the subject line instead of leaving the 'Re:' in the subject line and putting a short response in the message window. Now we can read the conversation without having to click into the line - unless someone has a lot to say (such as, ummmm, myself).

Anyway, this happens because most other forums work a bit differently and new people sometimes don't realize they are doing it. No biggie, but it is part of the AudiWorld Etiquette.

Jeez, am I a Dad or what?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Understandable

We did go "ALL OUT" in that last thread. LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 PM

lol yea.. sorry about that ):
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yes! I've wanted to say this, but everytime I typed it, I sounded like a jerk... so I gave up...
Old 01-27-2009, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, thread below is a waste of space, that's what email is for...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Or a chat room would be more appropriate. This board is definitely not that.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was going to been mean and post "Re: Made you look!"
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thread positions

I found the little check box to put posts from oldest to youngest (bottom posts are the most resent like most forums now) in my prefrences. But I can't find anywhere to make the most recently "responded to" thread on top... :\ (if there is any)
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Please use subject line for single line responses - avoid the "Re: whatever the original line is

sorry..it is just so tempting hehe.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no such option with this software... if you're interested in a thread that you haven't posted in

click the little (tt) to the right of it (track thread). This will put it at the top if there is a new reply. When you reply to a thread (or start one for that matter), you automatically are "tracking" it so that's why you see those new responses up top...

They are merging this forum software to vB, which runs probably every other forum you read... even though it's awful and I hate it. I'm SO GLAD there's no "Bump" posts here to put a thread back up top.

Quick Reply: Please use subject line for single line responses - avoid the "Re: whatever the original line is"