A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

rattle in passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts
Default rattle in passenger seat

my '09 s-line sedan has been a wonderful ride, but, recently, a rattle has developed in the front passenger seat and is very annoying. it disappears when someone is sitting in the seat. it sounds a little like cracked plastic, but there is nothing cracked on the visible plastic parts. any ideas?
don
Old 11-13-2010, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dpcompt
my '09 s-line sedan has been a wonderful ride, but, recently, a rattle has developed in the front passenger seat and is very annoying. it disappears when someone is sitting in the seat. it sounds a little like cracked plastic, but there is nothing cracked on the visible plastic parts. any ideas?
don
The first thing that came to mind is the seat belt buckle. Any chance it may be hitting the B-pillar? Maybe this is why the rattle stops once someone is in that seat. A couple of other little things come to mind as well as I'm typing this. The plastic lower-side seat cover. Is it loose? And lastly, I believe the '09s did not come with an under-the-seat storage bin, but IF you happen to have an aftermarket one installed, maybe that could be a source??? These little things are annoying, eh!

Good Luck!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default rattle

Originally Posted by Old Dog
The first thing that came to mind is the seat belt buckle. Any chance it may be hitting the B-pillar? Maybe this is why the rattle stops once someone is in that seat. A couple of other little things come to mind as well as I'm typing this. The plastic lower-side seat cover. Is it loose? And lastly, I believe the '09s did not come with an under-the-seat storage bin, but IF you happen to have an aftermarket one installed, maybe that could be a source??? These little things are annoying, eh!

Good Luck!
thanks,
i will check those out.
thanks, don
Old 11-15-2010, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpcompt
thanks,
i will check those out.
thanks, don
I had a rattle too. I suspected that it was some wiring in the seat, so I just tilted/folded it across its full range of motion and the rattle went away.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default rattle

Originally Posted by HAWC1506
I had a rattle too. I suspected that it was some wiring in the seat, so I just tilted/folded it across its full range of motion and the rattle went away.
i will give it a try. unfortunately, the other fixes didn't work.
don
Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default rattle

Originally Posted by HAWC1506
i tried your fix and my car is now rattle free.
thanks for your help.
don