A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Red Calipers: Covers or S4 Calipers Viable Option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Calipers: Covers or S4 Calipers Viable Option?

First off, I am sure this has been discussed before but I've been having trouble finding out some specifics. Especially for the A4 B8. I own a 2014 A4 Premium Plus and would like to have red calipers so I am trying to figure out my options. So far I've come with...

1. Caliper Covers: Since they are cheap I figure if they look terrible I am only out a few dollars. Link: https://www.ebay.com/i/223086725829?chn=ps
Anyone else have or had covers on their brakes? If so, how do they look and have you had any issues with them falling off? This is my biggest worry. Pictures would be VERY appreciated.

2. Painting the stock calipers. Could use caliper paint or pay for powder coating. The money with powder coating isn't really the concern its mostly the work involved to take them off and get them ready to be painted.
Anyone use caliper paint? Does it come off easily? Any feedback on powder coated calipers?

3. Upgradings to S4 brakes. If anyone has done this would love to know what goes into it and exactly what is needed. For example, will I need calipers and rotors or just calipers? Yes, I am a noob.

Please don't respond with "just buy brembo brakes" I am too poor! lol

Thanks everyone
Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My only experience is with caliper paint. Bought a kit of Foliatec caliper paint and used it on my BMW 3 series. Looked great. I painted with the calipers still on the car and just masked off the rotors and took off the wheels. If done right on properly cleaned calipers, it wont come off.
Only downside with this is that there's no going back. This paint pretty much cant come off, so you better choose a colour you want forever.
The break covers look ok, I'd be worried about them falling off.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:28 AM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Dupli-Color caliper paint with good results. It has held up well. No peeling. Proper prep (cleaning) is essential.