A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Remembering Media Random/Mix Setting

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my A5 does this too. I never remove my SD card either.. but like others posted, after MMI shuts down completely and restarts, it loses the shuffle/mix setting.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Being new to Audi, I thought that the forgeting of settings was normal. Mine plays the same exact song everytime I start it if my iPod is plugged in or CD is in. I have to go back and select random/mix, and then go out to main menu and select a differnt track, or it just keep playing the same stupid song... which just happens to be AC DC ...

maybe it's because it's first alphabetically ... I dunno.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Like others have mentioned, I have an iPod connected to it. It is a bit frustrating to have to manually change the setting every time I return to the car after an extended period of time
Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so a year later, is there ANY way to fix this? Gosh I'm tired of hearing the same song every time I turn my car on! There HAS to be a way!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kirupa
Hi everyone,
I always listen to my music set in the Random/Mix setting. Yet, whenever I turn the car off and turn it back on later, the Mix setting is ignored. I have to manually set it again.

Is there a way for me to have that be set and remembered ( automatically) for me?

Thanks,
Kirupa
Sorry to drag this thread up, I've contacted Audi they could not help, I've flashed to the latest firmware 0220 and that did not fix it. Did anyone get a fix working for this at all?
Old 07-20-2013, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by garethrees
Sorry to drag this thread up, I've contacted Audi they could not help, I've flashed to the latest firmware 0220 and that did not fix it. Did anyone get a fix working for this at all?
I've not seen anyone who has reported a fix for this. It appears to be related to which model/year car you have, whether you have 3G MMI Nav + (2013+ for B8) or MMI 3G Nav (pre 2013 B8, pre 2012 C7), which source is used and how long the car sits between start ups.

While I'm not sure about 2010-2012 B8 MMI 3G models w/SD card slots, I believe that cars with MMI 3G Nav+ (2012+ C7 A6/S6/A7/S7, 2013+ B8 A4/S4/A5), the following seems to be the case re the Random song option sticking:

- SD cards and Jukebox will stick (SD card will only randomize within a single album, Jukebox will randomize all songs on the hard drive)
- All 2009+ B8/C7 seemingly regardless of year or MMI: AMI w/Ipod/iPhone will only stick until the car's systems go into deep sleep (which seems to vary in time based on factors I haven't been able to ascertain).
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I've not seen anyone who has reported a fix for this. It appears to be related to which model/year car you have, whether you have 3G MMI Nav + (2013+ for B8) or MMI 3G Nav (pre 2013 B8, pre 2012 C7), which source is used and how long the car sits between start ups.

While I'm not sure about 2010-2012 B8 MMI 3G models w/SD card slots, I believe that cars with MMI 3G Nav+ (2012+ C7 A6/S6/A7/S7, 2013+ B8 A4/S4/A5), the following seems to be the case re the Random song option sticking:

- SD cards and Jukebox will stick (SD card will only randomize within a single album, Jukebox will randomize all songs on the hard drive)
- All 2009+ B8/C7 seemingly regardless of year or MMI: AMI w/Ipod/iPhone will only stick until the car's systems go into deep sleep (which seems to vary in time based on factors I haven't been able to ascertain).
Thank for this, much appreciated.. I've put in a firmware enhancement request to Audi but I'm not hopeful.. In honesty I would consider not buying another one based on this lack of feature.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by garethrees
Thank for this, much appreciated.. I've put in a firmware enhancement request to Audi but I'm not hopeful.. In honesty I would consider not buying another one based on this lack of feature.
No offense intended, but this seems like such a minor annoyance to make that statement. No car is perfect and if this is the biggest shortcoming for you, one would think the overall benefits of owning an Audi would outweigh the inconvenience of having to tap a couple of buttons. I loved my B8 A4 and the few irritations like this were easily overlooked while I was having fun driving it.
Just sayin'.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
No offense intended, but this seems like such a minor annoyance to make that statement. No car is perfect and if this is the biggest shortcoming for you, one would think the overall benefits of owning an Audi would outweigh the inconvenience of having to tap a couple of buttons. I loved my B8 A4 and the few irritations like this were easily overlooked while I was having fun driving it.
Just sayin'.
No offense taken, I should have clarified "Audi OEM HiFi" the car is great, but I will prob replace HiFI with something else, it's very annoying.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 2009 without NAV and I use a 35 GB USB key in the glove box instead of the iPod and the car remembers the MIX settings unless the USB is not detected, which happens randomly about 10% of the times I start the car.

Last week, it would refuse to play anything on the USB key, but was displaying the songs info ! First time it did that in 4 years. It came back to life after turning the car off and back on.

Quick Reply: Remembering Media Random/Mix Setting