A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Remus exhaust installed with APR tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remus exhaust installed with APR tune

I just had my dual Remus exhaust installed with an APR tune and K&N filter The gains are VERY noticeable and it gives the car a great sound! I enjoy taking my A4 on road courses and I wanted to get the most gains possible but still keep my car comfortable and civilized because it's my daily driver. I had the restrictive 2nd resonator removed and the dual system was perfect for this. It's a little quieter than a single muffler system which took away any drone the resonator delete causes and it's also less restrictive which increases flow. It looks good, and it gives the car a great sound.

The power gains are very noticeable through the torque curve and I also noticed a 1mpg improvement in my gas mileage. I'm not sure if that’s from the K&N, exhaust, the tune or the combination from all 3, but I notice the biggest difference in city driving. It's probably due to the fact that I don't have to be on the throttle as much with the extra torque.

Thanks to Duffy at Remus and 2bennett in Davis who did the install and my APR tune. I'll post some pictures and a video in the next couple of days so you guys and see and hear it.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

can you post a video?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Finally got some pictures and a video. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqa1ZuqSUM

Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Looks and sounds great! I'm creeping up on a decision between ordering an S4 or getting an A4 + chip + exhaust. I have a Remus on my current baby (original owner '92 Acura Legend sedan with 246K miles) and love it. My question to you is about the valence. I assume you had to acquire a B8 A4 3.2 rear valance to accommodate the dual Remus, correct?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for posting the vid, nickzag. That's promising as I've also decided to go mod'ed A4 vs stock S4. Mine's a daily driver that I want to be fun which means more power plus a beefier sound would be a nice bonus. ECU tune handles my power requirements. I was a little concerned about an aftermarket exhaust on a 4 cylinder sounding too riced-up and loud for wife and kids but your video sounds really good. I also like the single out dual exit exhaust look.

Did you compare remus to other exhausts like AWE, Stasis & APR? If so, did you have anything interesting that led you to chose remus?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gSox4d
Looks and sounds great! I'm creeping up on a decision between ordering an S4 or getting an A4 + chip + exhaust. I have a Remus on my current baby (original owner '92 Acura Legend sedan with 246K miles) and love it. My question to you is about the valence. I assume you had to acquire a B8 A4 3.2 rear valance to accommodate the dual Remus, correct?

The looks like the Avant's valence to me.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a4-bob
Thanks for posting the vid, nickzag. That's promising as I've also decided to go mod'ed A4 vs stock S4. Mine's a daily driver that I want to be fun which means more power plus a beefier sound would be a nice bonus. ECU tune handles my power requirements. I was a little concerned about an aftermarket exhaust on a 4 cylinder sounding too riced-up and loud for wife and kids but your video sounds really good. I also like the single out dual exit exhaust look.

Did you compare remus to other exhausts like AWE, Stasis & APR? If so, did you have anything interesting that led you to chose remus?
I looked into the AWE and APR systems (which are great products), but they were a little loud for my taste, costed more $, and I figured I would get the same or better gains off this system due to the fact I completely deleted the stock resonator. The other companies you mentioned all have a replacement resonator with more parts which probably explains the higher cost. I've read on other forums about welds breaking inside the Stasis exhaust systems from several members and I didn't want to deal with that, plus it was much more expensive. My friend has a 335i with a Remus system and I liked the sound, but this was a gamble because I was the 1st Remus setup with the 2.0T motor in the USA so I was taking a risk being the test subject as to what it would sound like. Remus has a great name in the BMW community and even makes the exhaust for several AMG models... and I have to say that I LOVE the sound of my C63.

Basically, I was able to complete this set up for 1/2 the price of what a Stasis tune/exhaust would have set me back. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out

Originally Posted by gSox4d
I replied to your PM, hope that helps. Yes, it's the 3.2 V6 valance.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can you share the following info for those of us who would like to do the same set-up:

Cost for exhaust and rear valance (and any other parts needed)
Exact rear valance installed
Place of purchase for each item

Looks great by the way
Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by benspeed83
Can you share the following info for those of us who would like to do the same set-up:

Cost for exhaust and rear valance (and any other parts needed)
Exact rear valance installed
Place of purchase for each item

Looks great by the way
Your best bet would be to contact Duffy at Remus (510-595-3300 duffy@maxmoto.com), he'll give you the full price on what you would need for the exhaust set up. Prices I believe have changed since my install, probably for the cheaper. I had to get a special Y adaptor built from scratch and Remus now offers the part.

I don't have the part # for the valance, but it was $95 and it's the same off of a 2009 V6 3.2 B8. The exhaust hanger and heat shield was $75 I believe. I had my tuner 2Bennett install everything, so they give you a discount on parts as compared to getting them from the dealership. The tune was $599 + $125 for the install. The total cost of the exhaust and tune for me was roughly $2500.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the help. Do you think it was worth the 2,500 you spent?

Quick Reply: Remus exhaust installed with APR tune