A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Some "stupid" setting questions from a new Audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some "stupid" setting questions from a new Audi owner

Okay I have a few questions that may be really stupid.. lol Going through some settings and I'm not sure what they are exactly... The coming home exterior lighting is how long the lights stay on when you lock the car right??

What is the leaving home setting?

The auto headlights (early/med/late?) is that related to the sensor for the headlights?

I turned on my daytime running lights, they were off from the previous owner for some reason.

And I don't know what any of the central locking stuff is... "Unlock single door" "trunk lock" and "auto locking"??

Also, I can't figure out how to lock/unlock the door by touching the handle.

I skimmed through the book that came with the car but didn't see the answers. There are so many pages!! This thing sure isn't like the Chevy's I drove before... lol
Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty86
The coming home exterior lighting is how long the lights stay on when you lock the car right??
Yes
What is the leaving home setting?
Lights turn on when unlocking.
The auto headlights (early/med/late?) is that related to the sensor for the headlights?
Yes. Darkness when switching from daytime to low beam.

central locking ... "Unlock single door" "trunk lock" and "auto locking"??
Unlock only drivers door or all. Unlock also the trunk. Lock the doors when driving away.
Also, I can't figure out how to lock/unlock the door by touching the handle.
I don't have the smart key feature but my understanding is that you touch the sensor to lock. Just grab the handle to unlock.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I have the smart key.

My dealer, when going over the car with me at purchase, said you have to pull the handle two times to unlock the door. Turns out you simply have to slowly grab the handle (slightly slower than "fast") to unlock the doors a split second before you attempt to open the door by pulling that same handle. I only have to pull the handle twice if I come up from the back and grab it too quickly.

Locking the doors is simple, just tap the sensor with the back of your hand or fingertip as you walk away from the car. You can even tap the rear door handle as you walk away and it works. Pretty cool.