A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sports Package Vs. S Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking up an 2011 A4 Avant today in Houston. Ordered it 3 months ago and have been patiently waiting. Based on the forums here I'm glad I got the s line. I'll post some pics of the interior/exterior in the next couple of days. My major reason for the s line was the sport suspension and they way the seats hug the butt. 19" rims are a plus. Previous car was an F150 but the wife's car is a g37 which we fight over all the time. *I imagine the fight will shift to the Avant now.*

2011 A4 Avant, Prestige, S-Line, Metallic Gray, Side Assist**
Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Realgrippy
Previous car was an F150 but the wife's car is a g37 which we fight over all the time. *I imagine the fight will shift to the Avant now.*
My initial thought while reading your post was that "well, the fight is over." You are probably correct though about the fight shifting...

My friend has a G37, BMW M5, a new Porsche Cayanne GTS, and BMW 760 all nice cars yet whenever I get to his house, he wants to go out in the Avant over his own cars. I wouldn't mind having his stable but I'd let the G37 go for the sake of the Avant no question. At 6'7" and about 260 lbs, he feels that the drivers seat in any of them is tight so I get to drive whatever we go in and other than the outright power of some of his cars, I also prefer the Avant.

Kinda hard to believe how much positive attention the S-Line gets. I get people giving a thumbs up as I drive by or that pull along side on the freeway and give the same thumbs up. I never get that in my AMG.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
Kinda hard to believe how much positive attention the S-Line gets. I get people giving a thumbs up as I drive by or that pull along side on the freeway and give the same thumbs up. I never get that in my AMG.
which amg do you have? C63? love that car, great power. would love one of those but if i had the money for one of those i would rather get a 550i, thats just me. i like the new f10, nothing against the c63 of course
Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an E55 AMG that has been custom turbocharged. It is still undergoing tuning but it put down 628 lb/ft at the rear wheels which is too much actually so we are dialing the boost down and retuning presently (a real pain since I have to fly the tuner out and put him up during these sessions). It easily breaks loose at 75mph even after I added the Quaife ATB rear diff. If there is any interest, I'll put together a small gallery of shots of that baby this weekend sometime. The full gallery online is actually hundreds of photos and growing.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

This?
I.e., What you said +1
Old 10-16-2010, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sourdough Josh
I.e., What you said +1
Hhaa Hhaa.... now dis verd dat comes from yew makes more sense

as in aha... now I get it
Old 10-17-2010, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Alright, picked up the S-Line this weekend and these are my initial impressions...

- The black headliner was the first thing I noticed in the car. I never realized how I was used to the gray headliners I've had in every car I've owned. The black gives a nice feel and the impression that this is a bad *** car. You just have to sit in one to understand this small detail.

- The Alcantara leather is fantastic. This leather is exactly what you need if you plan on taking corners at 45mph. Your butt does not move. So far it hasn't felt any hotter than normal leather.

- The suspension is seems perfect. It's the most stable I have felt in car. I haven't pushed this car quite yet so not sure on the technical aspects. You do feel the bumps a bit more though so if your into a plush ride, don't get this line.

- The rims are really really nice and better than the top of line inifiniti rims. I get a "porsche" feel with these rims since you can see the pads. All you need is the red porchse brake pads and you couldn't tell the difference. I ended up getting the tire/rim insurance since I know that the first time I hit a curb is over given the such low profile

- The S-line badging is nice. I wish they had something in the back, but its a real nice touch on the side and on the seats.

- Most folks are amazed that the Avant could look that nice. Some folks have always associated wagons as boring, but you feel that with the ground effects, chrome tips, and 19" wheels that this is sports car, not a wagon.

- If I have to sum up the S-line, its the word "tight". Between the suspension, seats, and the looks you definitely have that sport's car feel. I'm glad I spent the extra money for this package.

I promised some photos and here we go...
Attached Images      
Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean. The only people that notice my M3 are other M3 owners or 335 guys that need to prove something. M5 and M6 drivers won't even acknowledge us for the most part. It's weird.

I gotta say, I REALLY miss the VW/Audi community.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for summing up the S line real grippy. as for the s line badging, i would most likely debadge the whole car anyways, i love the clean looking debadged look
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the black headliner in a GLI I owned a few years ago. I know what you mean it gives the car a much more sporty feel.

Quick Reply: Sports Package Vs. S Line