A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

UK: Phone connection

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: Phone connection

Hello,

I have the bog standard concert audio system.
I have paired my phone with Bluetooth and all the call lists are populated but the phone book is empty. I have made several attempts and reset but it makes no difference. Has anyone got any idea how I can transfer my contacts into the phone book.

My phone is an Iphone13mini but Apple carplay does not recognise my car, it's too old, so I can't use that method.

Audi A4 Diesel B8k 143PS

Thanks for your help

Regards

Bill
Old 03-12-2023, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,610 Posts

The B8 has no Carplay/AA support. You need a B9 with MIB2 (B9.0) or MIB3 (B9.5) for that.

B8 (type 8K) could be any year from 2008 to 2015 (since you're UK). Which specific year? I wonder if the original Concert III units (without the "MEDIA" button) might have sync issues with the newer phones. I know with my MMI 2G in my MY09 A4, my old Android Motorola Atrix would never populate the phone book, but then my iPhone 7 was fine doing it, but only after some particular iOS update years ago.

Unfortunately, there's little to no way to diagnose the interaction. Either it works or it doesn't. All you can look to is making sure the phone and the Concert unit are up to date regarding software versions.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for your reply. Its a 2013 model. I've had it for 8 years. My old phone was ok so you could be right that it won't sync with newer phones.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrootrhino
Thanks for your reply. Its a 2013 model. I've had it for 8 years. My old phone was ok so you could be right that it won't sync with newer phones.
i would suspect somewhere in your phone you have to tell the Bluetooth you want to sync contacts as well as music playback, but its apple . so.... not only do they build in obsolescence for your phone, they help you out by building in obsolescence for your car too..
Old 03-13-2023, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Airbag
i would suspect somewhere in your phone you have to tell the Bluetooth you want to sync contacts as well as music playback, but its apple . so.... not only do they build in obsolescence for your phone, they help you out by building in obsolescence for your car too..
Thanks for your reply
I have used to option on the phone to synch contacts but it still does not populate the phonebook. It looks as though I will have to do it manually.
Regards
​​​​​​​Bill