A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Window up/down-up/down-up/down

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window up/down-up/down-up/down

Yeah. That's pretty much what it's doing

Driver's side.....I send it up, it goes halfway and goes back down and my finger is no where near the control. It does other variations of this dance as well. I know this is a common issue, but what does Audi do to fix it? I had complained about my window from the first time I had it for a seatblet issue. That was within a week after I got the car. I said it didn't sound right and seemed slow going up/down. They said it was working now, but they would 'document' the issue. UGH. I guess I have to call for another appt.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When that happend to me I took it in one day, they fixed it and then it started up two days later. When I took it back to them they replaced the motor and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by markinarch
When that happend to me I took it in one day, they fixed it and then it started up two days later. When I took it back to them they replaced the motor and I haven't had a problem since.
That's what I want....motor replaced. I'll have to insist since there was obviously a problem from day 1. I am not trecking back and forth for this. I think my car was a Monday or Friday car
Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Becca,

Just reset the sensors. Roll the window all the way down. Then roll it all the way up and keep pulling the switch for 5 seconds. Now roll it back down and hold. Up and hold one last time and you should be good to go.

This resets the pinch protection threshold. It's in place since some cars seals are a bit tighter than others. VW/Audi has had it since the B5 chassis.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by quality_sound
Becca,

Just reset the sensors. Roll the window all the way down. Then roll it all the way up and keep pulling the switch for 5 seconds. Now roll it back down and hold. Up and hold one last time and you should be good to go.

This resets the pinch protection threshold. It's in place since some cars seals are a bit tighter than others. VW/Audi has had it since the B5 chassis.
I'll try that. Thanks! And my name is Tracie (trlyka), not Becca
Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Where the hell did I get Becca??? lol Damn gettin' old sucks.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by quality_sound
Roll the window all the way down. Then roll it all the way up and keep pulling the switch for 5 seconds. Now roll it back down and hold. Up and hold one last time and you should be good to go.

That's how my older Audi's were reset but the B8 manual seems to make it simpler :

Pull and hold the electric window switch until the window is fully closed.
Release the switch and then pull it again for at least one second.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don't sweat it. And you're never old...just more mature
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK)
That's how my older Audi's were reset but the B8 manual seems to make it simpler :

Pull and hold the electric window switch until the window is fully closed.
Release the switch and then pull it again for at least one second.
Last night I did the up 5 sec/hold, down 5 sec/hold then up 5 sec/hold, so we'll see how that goes. If I need to do it again, I'll do it the way you said. Thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thank you!!!

I have had my 2011 since October and have been having this windown issue on the driver's side since day 1. Dealer oiled up the window and that fixed it for about a day. Now it only does it occasionally, but I swear that the motor on that side sounds different than on the passenger side...like it's struggling. I am going to try this and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestions!