Would you buy a service loaner vehicle? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?
Notices
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5-present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?

Reply

 
 
Old 10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 303
Default Would you buy a service loaner vehicle?

I am looking at a 2009 with approximately 10k miles on it. Car is a 9.5/10, small scratch on a piece of interior trim and a small scuff on the rear bumper that I can probably get out with some compound.

Initially I thought there was no way I would purchase a loaner car because people like me beat on them when the opportunity arises. But, everything looks and sounds great plus it is CPO, so 6 years 100k miles peace of mind.

Assuming price is right, does my CPO rationale make sense? Would you buy?

Also....if you have read this far I may as toss in one more question. What do you think is a decent price? 2009 Premium with iPod, Bluetooth, Homelink, Heated Seats. They are asking $30,500. I'm thinking $27k, am I crazy?

Thanks,
Dan
badulla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:31 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,148
Default

No, I don't trust CPO after seeing my lease end B7 became another CPO sitting on the dealer's lot with the same unfixed not so obvious defects. I don't even know how the dealer did the "inspection".
tubi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:14 PM
  #3
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,610
Default

Originally Posted by badulla View Post
I am looking at a 2009 with approximately 10k miles on it. Car is a 9.5/10, small scratch on a piece of interior trim and a small scuff on the rear bumper that I can probably get out with some compound.

Initially I thought there was no way I would purchase a loaner car because people like me beat on them when the opportunity arises. But, everything looks and sounds great plus it is CPO, so 6 years 100k miles peace of mind.

Assuming price is right, does my CPO rationale make sense? Would you buy?

Also....if you have read this far I may as toss in one more question. What do you think is a decent price? 2009 Premium with iPod, Bluetooth, Homelink, Heated Seats. They are asking $30,500. I'm thinking $27k, am I crazy?

Thanks,
Dan
I've come across a few nice CPO's too, but the closer I looked at them, the more flaws jumped out. I know this is subjective and everyone has different priorities with their car usage, but for me there is nothing better than new and the peace of mind that comes with it.
SFV A4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
NJRoadFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,839
Default

Originally Posted by SFV A4 View Post
I've come across a few nice CPO's too, but the closer I looked at them, the more flaws jumped out. I know this is subjective and everyone has different priorities with their car usage, but for me there is nothing better than new and the peace of mind that comes with it.
Depends on the car. Mine was a "buyer's remorse" type deal. The guy drove it for 2800 miles and then traded it in for a Q5 because the A4's driving position hurt his leg. His loss was my savings. Couldn't even tell the car was used.
NJRoadFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:10 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 303
Default Peace of mind clarification

Originally Posted by tubi View Post
No, I don't trust CPO after seeing my lease end B7 became another CPO sitting on the dealer's lot with the same unfixed not so obvious defects. I don't even know how the dealer did the "inspection".
The peace of mind wouldn't be that they have looked it over and certified it, more that I have the warranty so that when I find issues they fix and pick up the tab. I agree that the process to certify a car is probably minimal.
badulla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Member
 
iflywoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 434
Default

have them make you a deal, money talks.
iflywoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:25 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,510
Default I would not be inclined to buy a "loaner" even if CPO'd

While I like to believe that the majority of folks treat borrowed loaner cars with respect, there is a core of Audi drivers that, obviously, treat the loaners they receive as a opportunity to:

Do things to an Audi that they would NEVER do to their own Audi.

and/or

Take their own service frustrations out on the dealers equipment.

I'd buy a rental car from Hertz sales before I'd buy an Audi service loaner. Well....no....not really, but it's a pretty close call.
Bob58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:24 PM
  #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
UmIsThisThingOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,491
Default

Never. Watch 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' if you've never seen it.
UmIsThisThingOn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,148
Default

I might add some dealers and authorized body shops are not honest when it comes to collisions. I was involved in a bad collision once. The captive lease company just told me to repair the car back to the original condition at an authorized body shop. The collision never showed up on CarFax and I bet they sold the car as a spanking new CPO to the next unsuspecting customer.
tubi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,035
Default

Never buy one. Worse than buying a rental car...because most people driving loaners are having prolonged car problems and probably take out their frustration with the dealer on the loaner car. They are the most abused cars out there.
tgdA4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
firemandan
S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion
3
09-15-2015 08:02 AM
ttedeschi3
TT (Mk1) Discussion
6
09-04-2015 06:48 PM
mkirkpatrick
Wheels & Tires Discussion
2
09-03-2015 08:31 AM
ECS Tuning-Audi
A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
0
09-02-2015 11:39 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:54 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: