A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Is 19 days to have an Audi Repaired normal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Is 19 days to have an Audi Repaired normal?

I live in the Northern Virginia area and the Audi Dealer is telling me 19 days before they can look at an electronic failure?

This normal for Audi?

Should I worry that service departments are this backed up?
Old 05-04-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Beat the hell out of the loaner and don’t worry about it.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Beat the hell out of the loaner and don’t worry about it.
The will not even let me bring it in. Not sure all that has failed, but where it is not towed, they want me to wait....

ahhhh
Old 05-04-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a loaner for over 2 weeks when waiting for parts but I've never heard of refusing to take it in
Old 05-04-2019, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hummm... think I could just drop by?
Old 05-05-2019, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, reason for 19 days is that they have ‘promised’ all of the loaner cars until then? So you get a free loaner, therefor you need to wait 19 days with out use of your car, until they can loan you a loaner???

This is so messed up.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That's not surprising considering the time of year. It is spring time and people are getting servicing done, tires changed and other maintenance items looked at. Dealerships tend to get busy during spring and fall months. Usually when I take mine into Audi it's usually a 2 week wait if I want a loaner. If I'm ok with getting a shuttle ride they can usually get me in within a couple of days or so.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not see if another dealer in the area has more availability?

I usually have to wait about a week to service my car and get a loaner at Audi of Tyson's Corner.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

The single owner owns both in the 50 mile radius. The other is more backed up. I could go 120 miles away and try but getting to the point I question owning a car that sits for 2/3 of a month waiting for service.

WRT no loaner, the deal IS SEEING the car 2 days after I called, with no loaner. To get this, call, make an appointment, call back, ask for manager, leave message, wait, have manager call you and then plead case.... once again, questioning owning a car that the service is like this.

The 2018 A4 loaded is an incredible machine, but total ownership wise, the Lexus Dealer has a 7 day a week, drive up no appointment needed policy. It is an Audi not a Porsche it should not be this bad, IMHO.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kcossabo
The single owner owns both in the 50 mile radius. The other is more backed up. I could go 120 miles away and try but getting to the point I question owning a car that sits for 2/3 of a month waiting for service.

WRT no loaner, the deal IS SEEING the car 2 days after I called, with no loaner. To get this, call, make an appointment, call back, ask for manager, leave message, wait, have manager call you and then plead case.... once again, questioning owning a car that the service is like this.

The 2018 A4 loaded is an incredible machine, but total ownership wise, the Lexus Dealer has a 7 day a week, drive up no appointment needed policy. It is an Audi not a Porsche it should not be this bad, IMHO.
I thought you were in Northern VA. There's tons of dealers within a 50 mile radius around here in both MD and VA.

Quick Reply: Is 19 days to have an Audi Repaired normal?