A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Btw, does anybody know whether the seat symmetry option will work in the A4 too, like how it does in the Q7? The coding for that is given in the link below (a couple of posts down in that thread)

2017 Audi Q7 4M - Adaptations, Coding & Modifications
Old 12-07-2016, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Btw, does anybody know whether the seat symmetry option will work in the A4 too, like how it does in the Q7? The coding for that is given in the link below (a couple of posts down in that thread)

2017 Audi Q7 4M - Adaptations, Coding & Modifications
no :/ we don't have a passenger seat control module. Which is weird cause the controls work in my Q7 with no memory on the passenger so you'd think it'd be the same but there's no controller for it.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
no :/ we don't have a passenger seat control module. Which is weird cause the controls work in my Q7 with no memory on the passenger so you'd think it'd be the same but there's no controller for it.
Oh okay. It would've been a cool feature if the A4 had the module.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Heya

So I tried removing the comfort operation range limiter off in Central module comfort system (46). But I couldn't enter the coding window. It said "something has gone wrong" and would return me back to the main window under CMCS 46. The only thing I did was backup 46 before fiddling with it. Back up went fine. And then when I tried to change the code, it said this. I could access the other modules and change codes. I didn't back those up. What could be the problem? I've removed OBDeleven and will try again later to see if it persists or not.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got this email today. i wonder if this works separate from traffic sign recognition to where you may be able to code it to work. Would probably be difficult to find a place to test it unless you have any plans on going to Vegas.

Audi connect Newest Feature: Traffic Light Information

Audi of America is pleased to announce the introduction of Traffic light information in the Audi connect® PRIME suite of services. Starting December 6, 2016, the Audi connect Home screen on the MMI® system will display the Traffic light information menu in select Audi vehicles.

When approaching a connected traffic light, Traffic light information displays the time remaining until the signal changes to green in the driver instrument cluster, as well as the Audi virtual cockpit and head-up-display (if equipped).

Traffic light information is launching this December in the U.S. beginning with Las Vegas, NV and will be available to customers with select Audi A4, Q7 and A4 allroad® models (manufactured after June 1, 2016) equipped with an active Audi connect PRIME subscription. Expansion to additional cities across the U.S. is ongoing as we work with municipalities to prepare their infrastructure.

Traffic light information is the latest in a line of pioneering connected car innovations by Audi. The car receives real-time signal information from the advanced traffic management system that monitors traffic lights via the on-board 4G LTE data connection. Strategic collaborations and scalable infotainment architecture has allowed Audi to continuously offer the latest in mobile connectivity solutions.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wuplur
Just got this email today. i wonder if this works separate from traffic sign recognition to where you may be able to code it to work. Would probably be difficult to find a place to test it unless you have any plans on going to Vegas.

Audi connect Newest Feature: Traffic Light Information

Audi of America is pleased to announce the introduction of Traffic light information in the Audi connect® PRIME suite of services. Starting December 6, 2016, the Audi connect Home screen on the MMI® system will display the Traffic light information menu in select Audi vehicles.

When approaching a connected traffic light, Traffic light information displays the time remaining until the signal changes to green in the driver instrument cluster, as well as the Audi virtual cockpit and head-up-display (if equipped).

Traffic light information is launching this December in the U.S. beginning with Las Vegas, NV and will be available to customers with select Audi A4, Q7 and A4 allroad® models (manufactured after June 1, 2016) equipped with an active Audi connect PRIME subscription. Expansion to additional cities across the U.S. is ongoing as we work with municipalities to prepare their infrastructure.

Traffic light information is the latest in a line of pioneering connected car innovations by Audi. The car receives real-time signal information from the advanced traffic management system that monitors traffic lights via the on-board 4G LTE data connection. Strategic collaborations and scalable infotainment architecture has allowed Audi to continuously offer the latest in mobile connectivity solutions.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Does that mean it woke in Utah too?
Old 12-09-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did I miss something?! Did you figure out how to code it or is it already active with Audi connect and doesn't require driver assistance package?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wuplur
Did I miss something?! Did you figure out how to code it or is it already active with Audi connect and doesn't require driver assistance package?
Its active on all vehicles with audi connect built after 6/1 (this is on my Q7) A4 doesn't have it, but I there is an Online_Traffic_function in OBD11 that is on in the Q7 and off in my A4, unfortunately it won't let you make changes to the adaptation.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Does that mean it woke in Utah too?
no it just means the feature is active now, but I could drive 5 hours south to Vegas and test it

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks