A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 Premium & Premium Plus Differences

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2017 A4 Premium & Premium Plus Differences

I wasn't able to pick out the exact differences on audiusa's site when using their comparison tool between the Premium and Premium Plus. What I remember from watching a few A4 review videos I think the Premium does not have the big LCD display on the dashboard. Is there anything else?

For the base quattro starting prices on Audi's website:
Premium - $39,400
Premium Plus - $43,200
Old 03-13-2017, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There are quite a few differences. Wheels, trim, stereo system, sensors, headlights, folding mirrors, MMI Connect, etc.

Google "2017 Audi A4 Premium vs. Premium Plus"
Old 03-13-2017, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Glavata
I wasn't able to pick out the exact differences on audiusa's site when using their comparison tool between the Premium and Premium Plus. What I remember from watching a few A4 review videos I think the Premium does not have the big LCD display on the dashboard. Is there anything else?

For the base quattro starting prices on Audi's website:
Premium - $39,400
Premium Plus - $43,200
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...rX_lowres2.pdf
Page 18
Old 03-13-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by samsj
Thanks! Exactly what I needed.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave W
There are quite a few differences. Wheels, trim, stereo system, sensors, headlights, folding mirrors, MMI Connect, etc.

Google "2017 Audi A4 Premium vs. Premium Plus"
And if you read the reviews on the base sound system from owners in this forum, it is worth the extra money for the B&O sound system alone. Full disclosure... listen to both before you make a decision.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...nting-2911120/

Last edited by dseag2; 03-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glavata
I think the Premium does not have the big LCD
The Premium does have the big LCD screen. IMHO, the biggest reason to get the P+ is if you like a good audio system. The Premium audio is very inferior. You get the Virtual Cockpit in the P+ which I don't think is all that it's cracked up to be. You also get blind spot assist which could be cool although I've learned to adjust my side mirrors so that this isn't needed. The both the P and P+ come with five-spoke wheels (which I don't care for). You can upgrade directly to the nicer 10-spoke wheels (I think that's the count) but you can't upgrade directly to those wheels for some reason on the P+ unless you get the Sport Package.

Be careful... Study the interior color schemes very closely. Some come with a black headliner which I truly hated.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The Sport Package comes with the black headliner, which I prefer. But then, I didn't really want gray when my interior is brown/black, so different strokes.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
The Sport Package comes with the black headliner, which I prefer. But then, I didn't really want gray when my interior is brown/black, so different strokes.
Amen to "different strokes". My beef with Audi is that the web configurator is silent on the presence of the black headliner except for the description of the Sport Package. If you like the black headliner, you wouldn't know from the configurator which schemes to pick – and if you don't like the black headliner you wouldn't know which color schemes to avoid.. Take a look at the Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus web sites. They are much, much better than Audi when it comes to showing and telling what the interior color schemes look like.

In my case, I ordered my A4 from what I saw on the web because a year ago there were no 2017 A4s in the showrooms. I see a lot of people in this forum still talking about ordering. I haven't been in a showroom in a long time. Maybe it's easy now to see the color schemes in real life. I just wanted to mention the black headliner because in my case it wasn't a good surprise.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Totally understand. I would be unhappy about that as well. My car was already on a dealer's lot and I had my salesman ship it for me so I knew what I was getting. Very different when you are ordering.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2

Does the black headliner only come with sport package? I have a white with nougat brown 17 p+ and am trying to figure out if it has the sport package

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 Premium & Premium Plus Differences