A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2019 q3: what's your take A4 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 2019 q3: what's your take A4 owners?

I think I could get used to this Yes. I know. Fake tailpipes. But still. This is gonna sell like hot cakes.

U.S. will only receive Audi's venerable 2.0-liter turbocharged and direct-injected I-4 in two states of tune. Similar in recipe to the A3 sedan lineup, the base Q3 will make 184 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque, while an upgrade engine will make a VW GTI-matching 228 hp and 258 lb-ft. Both engines will come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and Quattro all-wheel drive. Audi says it has no plans to sell a front-drive version.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/audi...-drive-review/

Old 01-29-2019, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I dig it. Wouldn't mind for the wife to drive one, but she's way too used to the CRV and its capacity.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I just dont understand the idea behind fake exhaust tips. It is not attractive nor functional. Its quickly replacing the tack-on nav screen as the worst new trend.

Oh yeah, forgot to add, I really like the Q3 otherwise, super fun car to drive.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this might actually be my next one once my lease is up
I really like the interior of the new q3. Big screen is a plus!
Old 01-29-2019, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I may get one if it comes with the ZF 8 speed. Not a fan of the Aisin transmission in the current Tiguan
Old 01-29-2019, 08:58 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I like the look better than the previous gen, and the interior is vastly improved..
Old 01-29-2019, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks like many of us think along the same lines. I love the new Q3 and I’m hoping my wife will get one the interiors look beautiful.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm concerned the design look will not be be the problem, but the interior material quality I think will be a let down. I spend quite some time in the Q8 at the auto show, and it was clear some of those big screens ate into the soft plastic budget. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but I'm afraid it will share a lot of VW interior parts without any quality upgrades. As far as fake exhausts go....Audi has clearly decided this is how it's going to be. The decision is all financial. No single left or right exhaust options around the world to cause multiple rear bumper/muffler designs. No expensive chrome exhaust tips and alignment of muffler issues. Every model is the same, and ready for an all-electric version at any moment. And only enthusiast even notice or care. They are not the only ones to be doing this.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
I'm concerned the design look will not be be the problem, but the interior material quality I think will be a let down. I spend quite some time in the Q8 at the auto show, and it was clear some of those big screens ate into the soft plastic budget. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but I'm afraid it will share a lot of VW interior parts without any quality upgrades. As far as fake exhausts go....Audi has clearly decided this is how it's going to be. The decision is all financial. No single left or right exhaust options around the world to cause multiple rear bumper/muffler designs. No expensive chrome exhaust tips and alignment of muffler issues. Every model is the same, and ready for an all-electric version at any moment. And only enthusiast even notice or care. They are not the only ones to be doing this.
I think at this price point, there will be more hard plastic vs our A4. The good (or bad) is that it keeps the single screen and has actual dials for the temperature so that's some kind of savings. Reviews on this Q3 so far is that it's positive (at least from the ones I watch on YT) I wish this car had HUD like in the bimmers but probably not at this price point.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Sorry, unlike everyone else here, I can't stand SUVs (or crossovers or whatever you want to call them). They block the view of car drivers, take up too much space, are too top heavy for any spirited driving, etc. About 90 percent of them never go off road, so why do you need the extra ground clearance? If you need the extra cargo capacity, why not buy a station wagon (Avant) instead? Because in America, bigger is "better."

I'm not criticizing anyone's right to own an SUV, I'm just saying I'll never buy one.

Quick Reply: 2019 q3: what's your take A4 owners?