Old 12-18-2023, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I had exactly these symptoms. After the replacement, everything is great
Old 12-22-2023, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A5 2.0 TDI

I have the same problem - are we talking about the heater matrix or or we surggestring we flush out the cooling system for the car
Old 12-25-2023, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to replace this part 8W0 898 037 or 4M0 898 037 C
according to the type of air conditioning and the VIN number of the car
if you want the problem not to recur, the cooling system must be flushed
The following users liked this post:
paz1zah (12-25-2023)
Old 02-04-2024, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miysho
Yes, I had exactly these symptoms. After the replacement, everything is great
do you remember what coolant did you use?
Old 02-05-2024, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 332 Likes on 255 Posts

If it is the heater core, you might want to try flushing it a few times first. While the core is not super expensive, taking the dash apart to get the HVAC out to replace the core is going to be a non trivial exercise. You would want to make absolutely sure that the core is the problem rather than than doing this on the basis of 'I read it on the internet'.
Old 02-05-2024, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 142 guy
If it is the heater core, you might want to try flushing it a few times first. While the core is not super expensive, taking the dash apart to get the HVAC out to replace the core is going to be a non trivial exercise. You would want to make absolutely sure that the core is the problem rather than than doing this on the basis of 'I read it on the internet'.
There are no errors in the system and at the repair shop they said they need to take out the dash in order to check, so i want them to start with the heater core and i read that the g13 coolant had some issues and it could clog the heater. Was thinking to use a different coolant once i find the real probleme.
Old 02-08-2024, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default What the issue? If u dont mind me asking ?

Originally Posted by cristicfc
There are no errors in the system and at the repair shop they said they need to take out the dash in order to check, so i want them to start with the heater core and i read that the g13 coolant had some issues and it could clog the heater. Was thinking to use a different coolant once i find the real probleme.
What the issue? If u dont mind me asking ?
Old 02-09-2024, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paz1zah
What the issue? If u dont mind me asking ?
I have 3 zone climate control. In front left and right the heating is working properly, in the back only cold air.

and i dont mind at all, any help is much apreciatted.
The following users liked this post:
paz1zah (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by cristicfc
I have 3 zone climate control. In front left and right the heating is working properly, in the back only cold air.

and i dont mind at all, any help is much apreciatted.
so i can confirm i had a very similiar story with my audi a5 2.0tdi. I had heating at the front and no hot air through the back. I initially thought it cant be the heater matrix(core) because i was getting hot air at the front. I got a technician to check the temperature of the pipes that go into the heater matrix(core) which confirm the heater matrix(core) was partially block as the temperature going in was higher to the temperature coming out. And it was a significant difference. I decided to spend the best part of £800 plus labour having the heater core change and the flush of the system. Happy to say it has solved the problem. Hope that helps
Old 02-14-2024, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paz1zah
so i can confirm i had a very similiar story with my audi a5 2.0tdi. I had heating at the front and no hot air through the back. I initially thought it cant be the heater matrix(core) because i was getting hot air at the front. I got a technician to check the temperature of the pipes that go into the heater matrix(core) which confirm the heater matrix(core) was partially block as the temperature going in was higher to the temperature coming out. And it was a significant difference. I decided to spend the best part of £800 plus labour having the heater core change and the flush of the system. Happy to say it has solved the problem. Hope that helps
do you know if the technician opened the dash to check the temperature or from the engine side?

Quick Reply: 3 Zone Climate Rear Heater Not Working