A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4 2.0TDI Quattro ACCELERATION PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 2.0TDI Quattro ACCELERATION PROBLEM

Hi.
I have a 2016 model year Audi A4 2.0 TDI quattro (190 hp). According to the manufacturer the acceleration time from 0 to 100 km/h is 7.2 seconds. However, my car’s acceleration is like above:

0 – 100 km/h ≈ 9.64 seconds

0 – 150 km/h ≈ 20.6 seconds

0 – 200 km/h ≈ 44.5 seconds

I watched the videos in the acceleration of Audi A4 2.0 TDI quattro (190 hp) was shown the acceleration times are like:

0 – 100 km/h ≈ 7.2 seconds

0 – 150 km/h ≈ 16.1 seconds

0 – 200 km/h ≈ 35.6 seconds

I have contact with the service in Turkey. The service operator connected the car to the computer and said that there is no problem. Then, they said that ‘the previous owner was a female driver. So, you should drive in sport mode, and then the car will correct’. I drive it in sport mode for 1 week, but the acceleration times are similar.

I kindly ask you for my problem. If you fix it, i will be grateful. I have attached to the email the videos of 0-200 and 0-100 km/h acceleration of my car.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You do understand that those 0-100 time were archived after repeated trials, under ideal conditions, using performance tires, driven by professional drivers, right?

The chance regular folks can archive a 0-100 time even remotely close to those figures are pretty much zero.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by IMYM
You do understand that those 0-100 time were archived after repeated trials, under ideal conditions, using performance tires, driven by professional drivers, right?

The chance regular folks can archive a 0-100 time even remotely close to those figures are pretty much zero.
yes I understand. However, the time would be similar to 7.2. Seconds (up to 7.8). My previous car was 1.4tfsi Audi A4 its acceleration changed 8.5 seconds-8.7 seconds. Its manufacturer data is 8.5 seconds.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In my limited experience with Audi, it seems that their performance estimates err on the slow side. Not sure if you are equipped, but launch control should easily replicate factory figures, unless you are running at significantly higher density altitude than sea level, standard day conditions.

Are you running premium fuel? Air filter clean and unrestricted? Air conditioning off? Dynamic driving mode if equipped? Traction control off?

CFM

Last edited by CFM567; 12-14-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CFM567
In my limited experience with Audi, it seems that their performance estimates err on the slow side. Not sure if you are equipped, but launch control should easily replicate factory figures, unless you are running at significantly higher density altitude than sea level, standard day conditions.

Are you running premium gas? Air filter clean and unrestricted? Air conditioning off? Dynamic driving mode if equipped? Traction control off?

CFM
I tried it at sea level. The gas is ultra eurodisel. Although i do not know the situation of the air filter, i tried it a lot of times with launch control, esc off, dynamic modeümanual, f1 and sport automatic gear. my new experience that the acceleration time changes 8.9 to 10.5 seconds. I think this deviation is higher from the data of fabrication data of 7.2 seconds. I bought this car because of ist higher performance but the previosu car is better
Old 12-14-2017, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CFM567

Are you running premium gas? Air filter clean and unrestricted? Air conditioning off? Dynamic driving mode if equipped? Traction control off?

CFM
I wil also check the air filter.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Hakan Arslan
I wil also check the air filter.

...and the snow screen, if equipped.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
...and the snow screen, if equipped.
Sorry, what is snow screen?
Old 12-14-2017, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

It's a very fine pre-screen upstream of the main air filter. Your car may or may not have one. We don't have the TDI engine installed in the A4. However, I do see snow screens fitted to many gas-engine Audis in the USA. I think just about all of the VW TDIs have them fitted too. They can get blocked quickly and should be cleaned at least once a year under normal driving conditions. That screen can accumulate all sorts of junk.

VW TDI installation:
Attached Thumbnails A4 2.0TDI Quattro ACCELERATION PROBLEM-jfljkfb.jpg  
Old 12-14-2017, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
It's a very fine pre-screen upstream of the main air filter. Your car may or may not have one. We don't have the TDI engine installed in the A4. However, I do see snow screens fitted to many gas-engine Audis in the USA. I think just about all of the VW TDIs have them fitted too. They can get blocked quickly and should be cleaned at least once a year under normal driving conditions. That screen can accumulate all sorts of junk.

VW TDI installation:
ok I will check it. I hope the acceleration would corrected after the cleaning air filter and snow screen