A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4 AR In Transit - Audi App shows feature deletions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I took delivery of my A4 allroad with the Prestige package today and I just wanted to give you an update. My car has all of the driver assistance features and I even got BOTH key fobs. The only "deleted" item was the phone box, which we are all already aware of. And they gave me a free charging cable to make up for the lack of wireless charging.
The following 4 users liked this post by dengel68:
brjake (01-13-2022), JSchmo (01-13-2022), radhaz (01-13-2022), Z06jerry (01-15-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey DEngel, that’s fantastic! I bet you are loving that new fully loaded ride. Such a unique car.

My car is still in transport,on the SFL Conductor due into Davisville RI next week. I did have a chance to speak to the receiving dealer while having my wife’s A6 serviced. There is no Monroney printed yet but They very nicely looked up the VIN, and read through the individual build codes. It does sound like main PP options are there (adaptive cruise with traffic assist is specifically called out etc).

So most likely this is an issue with synching the App with the actual build prior to landing the car in port, and/or the non standard way the order got placed.

in a few weeks I will know the whole story.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dengel68
I took delivery of my A4 allroad with the Prestige package today and I just wanted to give you an update. My car has all of the driver assistance features and I even got BOTH key fobs. The only "deleted" item was the phone box, which we are all already aware of. And they gave me a free charging cable to make up for the lack of wireless charging.
dengel68, Thanks for posting this update. I'm also waiting for my A4 Allroad (Technik) which completed production Dec 23 to arrive, hoping there won't be any nasty surprises!

Old 01-15-2022, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good information. Thanks for sharing.

I ordered an S4 Premium Plus July 26... my dealer still doesn't have build date etc. from factory. Guessing my car will not arrive now until March or April.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 74Roadster
Good information. Thanks for sharing.

I ordered an S4 Premium Plus July 26... my dealer still doesn't have build date etc. from factory. Guessing my car will not arrive now until March or April.
Update:
My dealer contacted me yesterday. My order is finally getting picked up by the factory but...
w/o Audi Side Assist
w/o Adaptive Cruise Control

I was asked to if I was okay with those deletions. I said yes. Just like a couple folks on here, the options may end up being installed. Also, these options can both be retrofitted down the road.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 74Roadster
Update:
My dealer contacted me yesterday. My order is finally getting picked up by the factory but...
w/o Audi Side Assist
w/o Adaptive Cruise Control

I was asked to if I was okay with those deletions. I said yes. Just like a couple folks on here, the options may end up being installed. Also, these options can both be retrofitted down the road.
Can be retrofitted? This is the first I hear this (other than after market phone boxes)…. Is there news about Audi retrofitting chip-shortage deleted driver assist features? Honestly it would make sense to try, particularly for rear/side assist which has been on every car I’ve owned for at least a decade…to me should be a standard safety feature, not an option. I suppose the retro fit would depend on whether the issue is missing sensors or a missing chip.

Last edited by JSchmo; 01-22-2022 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

The app is correct

This is how it works, currently

All Prestige models are built with everything they should have, minus the wireless charger, unless you specifically told your dealer you had to have this, when you ordered. That leads to a longer wait time. This came forth recently due to the ongoing chip shortage. So Audi decided that they could get cars to dealers quicker, if some things could be deleted. It’s all up the buyer.

Beyond that, any Premium Plus recently allocated (my estimate would be in the last month or so), will not have the aforementioned features, and will instead see a “Semiconductor Shortage Credit” of $1350. Again, a client can opt to have those things included, but l, it will be an increased, undetermined wait time.

A retrofit for all intents and purposes isn’t possible as it would cost thousands in parts and labor to do after the fact. Some individual things could possibly be enabled via OBD11, but no one will know till these vehicles arrive. It’s not something the dealer will enable, the end user would have to do so on their own.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JSchmo
Can be retrofitted? This is the first I hear this (other than after market phone boxes)…. Is there news about Audi retrofitting chip-shortage deleted driver assist features? Honestly it would make sense to try, particularly for rear/side assist which has been on every car I’ve owned for at least a decade…to me should be a standard safety feature, not an option. I suppose the retro fit would depend on whether the issue is missing sensors or a missing chip.
there are audi models going back 2 years that have things like side assist optional - even before the chip shortage. S6, for example. Why? No idea. Maybe audi had extra mirror covers without the blindspot lense
Old 01-24-2022, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
The app is correct
Beyond that, any Premium Plus recently allocated (my estimate would be in the last month or so), will not have the aforementioned features, and will instead see a “Semiconductor Shortage Credit” of $1350. Again, a client can opt to have those things included, but l, it will be an increased, undetermined wait time.
Hi SCarGuy,
Per above - is your thinking the Driver Assist credits started hitting Allocations accepted in last month or the cars actually being built in last month? I am still waiting to hear the fate of my PP build with production completed 14th Dec. This must have been about the last weeks cars rolled off the line in calendar 2022. The MyAudi app says deletes happened but my fleet manager still says all features are present… car just landed in port so will know soon enough.

Big thanks as you provide helpful insights, very professionally delivered, on this forum.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your dealer can look up your specific car, so long as it’s already built, by the COMM #, and it will tell them what features or deletions (credits) it has and doesn’t have. I haven’t sat down to try and figure out the cutoff at this point, focused on trying to get as many of my orders in hand so I can capture them for this month if possible, and chasing down incoming stock inventory
The following users liked this post:
Aviator6 (01-24-2022)

Quick Reply: A4 AR In Transit - Audi App shows feature deletions?