A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4B9 Clear Bra Protection FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4B9 Clear Bra Protection FAQ

I have been calling around to different clear bra installers in the Bay Area. Does anyone have insight on precut vs custom install? Apolgizes if there is an A4B9 OP.

The places I have been calling have great reviews/photos - but they have different methodologies. I originally did not want to go with a precut install, but after some phone calls I hear custom can increase chances of scratching? Anythng helps. Thank you!

Btw - looking to do full front clear bra (bumber, hood, fenders, mirrors)
Old 07-17-2018, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by majestictiger
I have been calling around to different clear bra installers in the Bay Area. Does anyone have insight on precut vs custom install? Apolgizes if there is an A4B9 OP.

The places I have been calling have great reviews/photos - but they have different methodologies. I originally did not want to go with a precut install, but after some phone calls I hear custom can increase chances of scratching? Anythng helps. Thank you!

Btw - looking to do full front clear bra (bumber, hood, fenders, mirrors)
I spoke with nearly 10 installers in the Bay Area and received quotes anywhere from $1500 to $2500 for a full front (bumper, hood, side fender, mirrors). IMO, do NOT go with precut because, at least the ones I've seen, do not wrap around the edges, and you definitely want that. As long as your installer knows what they're doing, there should be no chances of scratching whatsoever. As with any type of PPF, they most important factor is the installer, not the type of film, etc.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

For that kind of money I can get the whole front end repainted with top quality paint & left with change to spare
Old 07-17-2018, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It depends on the location. The same custom (not precut) front-end Xpel film treatment was $2200 from several places here in San Diego.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I purchased from this company: It wasn't as easy as I thought for self-installation so I ended up driving up to Sacramento to have them install it. (they replaced the partial hood and front bumper at cost during install).

Happy with the 3M Pro installation and it's held up over 1.5 years without issue.

https://carprotectionpros.com/pre-cu...90/2017-2018-9
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a quote for 1300 from a highly rated shop in Pleasanton. it was for touch up for the small child, the whole front and side mirror housing. i asked him to put me on the list as he said it would be a few months and I just assumed he had so I forgot and he never called me.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DizzyA4
I got a quote for 1300 from a highly rated shop in Pleasanton. it was for touch up for the small child, the whole front and side mirror housing. i asked him to put me on the list as he said it would be a few months and I just assumed he had so I forgot and he never called me.
Who did you end up going with?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chemengin
Who did you end up going with?
I haven't had it done yet. I now have so many little chips. I've gotten quotes from about 4 different places ranging from 1600-2200.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DizzyA4
I haven't had it done yet. I now have so many little chips. I've gotten quotes from about 4 different places ranging from 1600-2200.
No doubt. I too had a number of rock chips on mine that made me hold off on getting the install. I considered doing paint correction, but in the end the longer you hold out the more chips you may get. Be advised that the bra will make the chips even more noticeable because the wrap will have an air pocket where the chips are. But a good installer will have you come in about 2 weeks after the install and use a syringe to get rid of the air pockets.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Negotiated it for $800 from the dealer when I bought the car for partial hood/mirrors ($14xx was MSRP; but car came with door sils/cups/rear bumper from factory). I then tried to DIY the a-pillar and front of roof with 3M bulk film, and did a miserable job so I removed them ($30 down the drain, no big deal). I now know why it's so expensive, it requires a lot of skill and patience.

Quick Reply: A4B9 Clear Bra Protection FAQ