A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Android Auto Full Screen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Auto Full Screen?

My Android auto has black bars around the side, is there a way to make it use the full screen?

Also when I use maps and pan around, there's a blurred horizontal section at the top, makes the viewable area very small.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:50 PM
jeh
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JackRyder
My Android auto has black bars around the side, is there a way to make it use the full screen?

Also when I use maps and pan around, there's a blurred horizontal section at the top, makes the viewable area very small.
Yes. You need to enable developer mode in the Android auto app. To do this, open the Android auto app (without it connected to car) tap on the header image about 10 times. It should tell you that you have enabled developer mode. Then in the options there should be a setting to output 720p.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeh
Yes. You need to enable developer mode in the Android auto app. To do this, open the Android auto app (without it connected to car) tap on the header image about 10 times. It should tell you that you have enabled developer mode. Then in the options there should be a setting to output 720p.
720p is hidden behind developer mode? That doesn't make sense.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, depending on your Android version instead of tapping several times on the lead image, you'll want to give ten quick taps right on the words "Android Auto" in the action bar. Just like before, a toast message will confirm that it worked.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey guys, so I was searching if it's possible to get the verticle bars on the side eliminated as well...I'm running a Nexus 5X.

I couldn't get the developer mode for the android app going by tapping anywhere. I tried tapping in the settings area as well on the version number, but nothing.

Are these methods still applicable? What do you mean by "In the action bar"? (What is the action bar?)

I've attached a screen shot below of what my Android Auto looks like in the main menu when open on my phone, not connected to car.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
Hey guys, so I was searching if it's possible to get the verticle bars on the side eliminated as well...I'm running a Nexus 5X.

I couldn't get the developer mode for the android app going by tapping anywhere. I tried tapping in the settings area as well on the version number, but nothing.

Are these methods still applicable? What do you mean by "In the action bar"? (What is the action bar?)

I've attached a screen shot below of what my Android Auto looks like in the main menu when open on my phone, not connected to car.

open the menu. Open the About tab. Tapping at the top where it reads About Android Auto worked for me
Old 04-16-2017, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a SGS7E and I don't have the black bars everyone is talking about. I never had it from the first time I use it. Is it phone dependent too?
Old 04-16-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Innominate
open the menu. Open the About tab. Tapping at the top where it reads About Android Auto worked for me
Awesome. Thank you! It worked.

I've got a follow up question... There's a slow transition at the top now fading the view out (see photo below, left side cropped off cause was showing my address). It only shows up in maps, the rest of the screens (phone, home, music) show the full screen with no fade off.

Do you guys have this as well?

Old 04-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've got a follow up question... There's a slow transition at the top now fading the view out (see photo below, left side cropped off cause was showing my address). It only shows up in maps, the rest of the screens (phone, home, music) show the full screen with no fade off.

Since I'm rocking a shot caller, 20" blade Impala rental while my A4 is in the shop for the next couple weeks I can't help you with that one.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default yes

This is great! just activated the 720p option myself. THank you!!

As for the slight fade on the top, i have it as well and i imagine it's for ease of reading text and symbols when overlaying map items.

Now if only Google Voice worked with AA....

Quick Reply: Android Auto Full Screen?