A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Any wisdom on the value of Prestige versus Premium Plus, and the value of the Sport p

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive a 2017 A4 Premium Plus and wish I had spent a little extra for the Prestige to access the DAP.

However, if you can wait until the 2019’s roll out in a couple of months, the 2019 Premium Plus models will now include as standard:

* Virtual cockpit
* Larger 8.3” center stack display with Navigation
* USB charging ports for rear-seat passengers
* Leatherette upholstered armrests and center console

* Audi phone box with wireless Qi-standard charging and mobile device signal amplifier (new to the USA A4 models)

With the exception of Audi phone box, the above listed were previously only on Prestige trim, or if ordered with the pricey Tech/Nav Package add-on.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by MDAudi
. . . One little thing that made me laugh--the Nav on P+ only suggests one route when it calculates directions, whereas with Prestige, you get 3 options to choose from. A completely unnecessary dumbing down of the nav software to differentiate P+ from Prestige, but I gotta admit I missed having the choices.
I have a Premium Plus, and my Navigation always suggests three routes from which to choose. I don't know if they changed this with the 2018 models . . .

Btw, I would never not get the Sports Package, if only for the more comfortable sport seats. I also prefer the lower, tighter suspension for better highway handling. And you can get 18" wheels and all-season tires with the Sports Package.

Last edited by A4Driver; 07-16-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is configurable to have just one roue or three choices for the nav, P+ or not. I am also one of those who definitely want to, and did, add the sport package for the seat, lower ride height, and most importantly, better handling. The sport package adds more fun to the driving, vs ACC which does not do much for me. For higher and smoother riding, and on rough road or deep snow, I’ll take the SUV.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by plmqca
It is configurable to have just one roue or three choices for the nav, P+ or not.
Where do you configure that? My car has always only given me one route I think...
Old 07-17-2018, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MDAudi
I got the Prestige package on our A4 and Allroad because that was the only way to get the Driver Assistance Package. That alone was worth the money (for me). We didn't get any other extras (OK, we got a color that cost $500+ extra, but that was it).

Last week, I rented a Silvercar which was a 2018 P+ A4. I noticed several differences. Of course, I really missed the Adaptive Cruise Control and the Lane Assist that come with the DAP. The ACC really makes driving on anything other than an empty road much less of a strain. But there were a few other things that nagged me by their absence. I have come to rely on the extra cameras you get for the 360/top view when I parallel park. Yes, I can parallel park very well without them, but the cameras really help out, especially the front camera. One little thing that made me laugh--the Nav on P+ only suggests one route when it calculates directions, whereas with Prestige, you get 3 options to choose from. A completely unnecessary dumbing down of the nav software to differentiate P+ from Prestige, but I gotta admit I missed having the choices. And I missed the speed limit sign recognition and the HUD, but not as much as some of the other features.

So, what does it boil down to when it comes to Premium+ vs. Prestige? I probably won't ever go to Premium+ if I get another Audi. Certainly not until DAP filters down to the lower trim levels--but even if it does, if the 360/top view cameras stay in Prestige, I probably will stay with Prestige.

Still, the 2018 P+ A4 is a sweet ride and way better than any other car I have ever owned. If I had to live with it I could. Your dilemma is having a bunch of very nice cars to choose from. In many ways, you really can't go wrong.

On the Sport Package, I didn't get it for 2 reasons: 1) I was already spending too much money on my cars and didn't want to spend $700+ extra, and 2) the sport package lowered the car (ride height drops by about 1") and I didn't want a car that was undriveable after a very heavy snow due to low clearance. The standard A4 is already a bit lower than I want.
I have a 2018 Premium + and get 3 choices for navigation directions, unlike my BMW where I got 1 choice unless i changed the route guidance from shortest, fastest, efficient.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VM
Where do you configure that? My car has always only given me one route I think...
It is in the MMI settings. Press "Menu", select Nav, push the dial/wheel right to go see a list of items, select nav setting, and then see the first item is "Alternative Routes", check/uncheck to you liking.