A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Apple Car Play stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Apple Car Play stopped working

Apple Play was working just fine up to a few days ago on my car (2018) but then quit working. I have reset this and that on the phone per an Apple forum support comments and just did the recent IOS update on the phone and no change. does anyone have any ideas for further troubleshooting? Thank you
Old 04-01-2019, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Are you using an actual OEM apple USB cable?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Are you using an actual OEM apple USB cable?
I have been using with success the cable from Audi. I even switched the USB ports I was plugging into. The cord seems to be working for charging the phone but that maybe one component of the cable plug that is working.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by busydiver
I have been using with success the cable from Audi. I even switched the USB ports I was plugging into. The cord seems to be working for charging the phone but that maybe one component of the cable plug that is working.
Try using the OEM Apple cable and see if that works. I have seen all sorts of components being finicky if not using OEM cords. If the OEM cord doesnt work, then you know its something else. It could be the update to the iOS you recently did and the MMi doesnt support it yet. Could be lots of things, but try the cable first.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Try using the OEM Apple cable and see if that works. I have seen all sorts of components being finicky if not using OEM cords. If the OEM cord doesnt work, then you know its something else. It could be the update to the iOS you recently did and the MMi doesnt support it yet. Could be lots of things, but try the cable first.
Will do..
Old 04-01-2019, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also try resetting the MMI - (two toggle buttons up while clicking the scroll wheel).
Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Not sure if you have done it yet. Try to completely shut down your iPhone and turn it on again. I had couple times when the Spotify not working and turn off and on the iPhone reset the problem.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hasht2
Also try resetting the MMI - (two toggle buttons up while clicking the scroll wheel).
yes I did the reset to the factory settings for the interface and when I plugged my phone in the prompt came up for the setup/activate CarPlay

thank you
Old 04-01-2019, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by busydiver
yes I did the reset to the factory settings for the interface and when I plugged my phone in the prompt came up for the setup/activate CarPlay

thank you
Also make sure CarPlay is ticked off in the smartphone interface. I had this issue before when my CarPlay stopped working all of a sudden. Then I realized it somehow got unticked when I set up bluetooth or paired another device. That fixed the problem.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:23 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I was having issues on occasion with Android Auto disconnecting, freezing, telling me to change the connection manager etc. This was all while using the OEM Audi cable, once I switched to the OEM Samsung cable I have not had one issue since.

My wife also has better luck with CarPlay in her Q7 when using the OEM Apple cable vs. the OEM Audi cable..

Quick Reply: Apple Car Play stopped working