A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi A4 B9 up on audi.ca - WHY ON EARTH IS IT 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 B9 up on audi.ca - WHY ON EARTH IS IT 2016?

Alright, so i just checked it. The site doesn't seem entirely updated so maybe they're in the process of making the changes now but when you go to build an A4, it starts building the new one and the packages are LAME. They actually released the 190 hp model.(LOL) Virtual cockpit isn't available unless you buy the top of the line.(Would rather get a fully equipped C class for that price) The front intake areas in the bumper is the dated design, unlike the US model. The led lights are an additional 900 dollars option which is worth it i guess and only available on the progressive model. Crap load of more complaints, but i'll wait until they fully implement the changes before ranting. What a joke.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see what you see (Audi Canada) ?

252 hp, 0-60 in 6sec. Same as US. Look will be the same as US, you might be looking at a "non" Sline.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

+1. I don't see anywhere in Audi.ca stating that the B9 A4 is a 2016 model. Engine specs are published as 252HP with 272 ft-lbs of torque. Not sure what you were lookin' at.

Here's a link to a posting by afretes (Toronto -based Audi Sales Person) stating that the B9 A4 is a 2017 model.

IMHO, the Mercedes C-class cannot beat the Audi A4 in terms of overall quality of interior, performance (engine/tranny response), and vehicle dynamics. My opinion is based on comparing the previous C-class. Not sure about the new model. They say its better but knowing Mercedes, I am not too hopeful that they'll be able to beat Audi.

Before ranting, it is probably best if you test drive both the B9 A4 and the Mercedes C-class. It is really difficult to judge cars based on published specs and features. Yeah, Mercedes may be cheaper compared to Audi but there is a vast difference in how both cars provide the driver with driving pleasure. Some will feel that the extra $$ on the Audi is well spent. Some won't care. They just want an econo luxo vehicle to take them from point A to B in style.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 493 Likes on 336 Posts

Having driven a Mercedes C450 (about to be re-badged as an AMG C43, as Mercedes marketing department seem a bit confused on strategy), and an A9 3.0TDI (272hp) quattro with adaptive sport suspension, I agree with plat27265 that a test drive of both is essential for the OP.

The new A4 is dramatically more refined than both the B8, and also the current Mercedes C class range and BMW's 3 series. It feels more like a slightly smaller A6.

The Mercedes was much noisier, feels more cramped inside, and the quality of interior materials and design seemed a long way below Audi to me (my wife didn't have the same reaction to the quality). Final straw for me was that halfway through the C450 test drive, with my wife at the wheel, it started raining. She went to turn on the wipers using the right stalk, which moved the car into neutral so it just coasted to a stop in the middle of the road. Sure, you would get used to that if it was your only car. But it won't be for us, and there is this huge empty centre console in the Merc with a stupid thin gear selector stalk on the steering column which felt to me like it would snap off at any moment.

But the Mercedes steering was better, and it handled very well - the AMG version of 4MATIC is pretty good as is the suspension tune. Obviously the new S4 is the real competitor to a C450/C43, but I suspect even in that match up the Mercedes will be sportier, but less refined.

Funny how brands have evolved over the last decade or so.