A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi exclusive paint cost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi exclusive paint cost?

Has anyone special ordered a paint color that's not normally included in the package they want?

I want a B9 A4 in Tornado Gray (or even Florret silver) in the manual sports plus package. I just do not care for any of the colors available in sports plus (but love most of the other features). Similarly, I like some of the black optic features, but not the inlay. I know I'm knit picking, but I do want to explore all possible options!

I'm fairly sure I can get an Audi exclusive color, just curious on the cost...
Old 09-11-2017, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

$3,900
Old 09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by crrlygrrl
Has anyone special ordered a paint color that's not normally included in the package they want?

I want a B9 A4 in Tornado Gray (or even Florret silver) in the manual sports plus package. I just do not care for any of the colors available in sports plus (but love most of the other features). Similarly, I like some of the black optic features, but not the inlay. I know I'm knit picking, but I do want to explore all possible options!

i agree with you that the five or so colors offered on the Sport Plus package are not that good. You have to pay for metallic paint for all the choices too. Having said that, $3,900 is very steep and I wouldn't pay that on an A4. I would put that money toward upgrading to an S4 instead. The problem is that the S4 is not offered in a manual.

If you'rd going to pony up $3,900, go for something truly exotic at least, not a silver.

my choice among the 5 Sport Plus exterior colors would be Glacier White or Daytona Gray, perhaps the latter since it's at least exclusive to the Sport Plus package. I can't believe they offer Gotland Green but not a silver. Nice shade of green, but a niche color.

Last edited by Bada Bing; 09-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if anyone has ordered Mary Kay pink?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or just rock it like Justin Bieber does

Old 09-11-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I wanted my S4 in turquoise but wife vetoed it: Want to pay FOUR GRAND for THAT?!?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

He ruined that R8. That is worse than any stock color.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That shade of silver is too mainstream and common on the road. If you are going to spend $3900 on a custom color, do something that isn't standard elsewhere. Otherwise, it's not a good trade-off. Consider Sazuka, Nardo, Riviera, Turquiose, Aurora, Cumulous, Sprint, Sepang, Comet, or Mineral.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't want to minimize the importance of color, but I'm almost certain that you will love your MT with Sport Plus, no matter what color you get. I have Glacier White and think it looks really good (although white is EXTREMELY common these days).

While I don't think I'd splurge for an exclusive color, I really like Estoril blue.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you! Yes, I know I can't go wrong with the MT sports plus, but I really wanted a light (but not white) car. I live on the Central Coast of California, and while not super blazing hot, did not want a dark color. I guess I could "live" with Daytona. lol

Quick Reply: Audi exclusive paint cost?