A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi of Mississauga Killed My Tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:03 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by eiskafee
Try PFAFF Audi in Vaughan. Ken at Audi Mississauga is also good but with my recent experience with them in service dept, I won't recommend them anymore.

Heard good things about PFAFF though, there was a guy named Anthony who was super nice to me when i was shopping around.
Agreed re Pfaff. Got my car from there; it's a crazy busy place but they're good. I've had good luck with the service department too. Maybe more enthusiast-oriented than other places. SNGGA PM me if you want and I can point you in the direction of the fellow I got my car from; he's been promoted now...
Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is one big chuck taken out of that tire..had to run over a curb, you need a tire,,,they probably will repair the rim and it will look like new and you will think you got a new rim. If you absolutely want a new rim you had better see the repair list of parts showing a new rim . Absolutely need to check for damage to front end and of course you must have an alignment . I hit a curb and damaged tire and rim as well, bought new tire($350) and had rim fixed for $150...looks like new so it can be done....just a question if you want that done or new rim, your call.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it’s worth, I hit a curb and damaged my tire all on my own. Took it to the dealership on Saturday to get my metal pedal caps installed and asked them to take a look. They told me the damage was cosmetic and didn’t pose a risk to the integrity of the tire.. pic below. Said it was just the outer rubber and far from the beads. Checked the wheel and although damaged (I’ll be getting it repaired) it wasn’t bent and they said it was fine too. I was a bit surprised, I was fully prepared for them to tell me to replace it, even if it truly didn’t need to be. Anyways, they damaged it, so good on them for replacing it. I would also have them replace the wheel. If they offer to repair instead, I would ask for some other sort of compensation since it’s no longer in the same condition you brought it in as, regardless of repair.

Notr- tire looks worse here since it was cleaned.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA
Looking into getting an A4 as well...so I guess Downtown and Midtown Toronto are bad.
This leaves me with only Uptown Audi, I didn't hear good things from there as well lol Midtown is the only with MY17 left too which I intend to look for.
Funny. I bought from midtown Audi and was actually pretty happy with the process. They had the best inventory, gave me a really good deal on my trade in, great price on the car and were even willing to include the service package for no additional charge. The salesmen I dealt with at 3 different visits were all nice and I didn't feel pressured at any time either. The only minor negative was that I had to wait a bit longer than I wanted to when picking the car up which I felt was unnecessary given that it's by appointment. Everything else was top notch and I would go there again in a heartbeat.

Pfaff Audi in Newmarket were great interacting with as well but the numbers just didn't quite get to where they needed to be.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I think it's very reasonable to hold out for a new wheel under these circumstances. They broke it, they should fix it.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KBeagle
Funny. I bought from midtown Audi and was actually pretty happy with the process. They had the best inventory, gave me a really good deal on my trade in, great price on the car and were even willing to include the service package for no additional charge. The salesmen I dealt with at 3 different visits were all nice and I didn't feel pressured at any time either. The only minor negative was that I had to wait a bit longer than I wanted to when picking the car up which I felt was unnecessary given that it's by appointment. Everything else was top notch and I would go there again in a heartbeat.

Pfaff Audi in Newmarket were great interacting with as well but the numbers just didn't quite get to where they needed to be.
I guess I won't know until I actually go into Midtown to deal with them. Midtown is the one with some MY17 A4 left...hopefully their inventory on their site is accurate. I was going to just sent an email to all their sales people and see who will actually reply me.

I checked Pfaff but there aren't any any MY17.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KBeagle

If you're willing to share, what did the numbers (both accepted and not) look like?

I love data, so I started a thread to get Canadian pricing numbers. Feel free to ignore my personal journey into how German manufacturers do business; data points were provided in posts 2 & 3. The more the merrier!
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ounts-2920549/
Old 09-19-2017, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Obsidian3K
If you're willing to share, what did the numbers (both accepted and not) look like?

I love data, so I started a thread to get Canadian pricing numbers. Feel free to ignore my personal journey into how German manufacturers do business; data points were provided in posts 2 & 3. The more the merrier!
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...ounts-2920549/
Oh wow I did not see this thread - got to check this out
I hope there are data for MY18
Old 09-19-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SNGGA
Oh wow I did not see this thread - got to check this out
I hope there are data for MY18
Nothing for MY18 yet, but since margins are the same for both 17 and 18, I'd expect people to be able to get similar deals at similar times in the product year.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Obsidian3K
Nothing for MY18 yet, but since margins are the same for both 17 and 18, I'd expect people to be able to get similar deals at similar times in the product year.
Would 6% off MSRP be pushing it too much for MY18? If I do end up going with MY18, my plan was using the unhaggle cost price and apply maybe 5-6% profit to get a drive away price.

Quick Reply: Audi of Mississauga Killed My Tire