A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audicare - scheduling maintenance early for oil change?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 03:36 PM
HDP
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audicare - scheduling maintenance early for oil change?

I'm nearing the end of my leased A4 in October. My oil change light just went on. I emailed Audi and they said oil change needs to be done at audi dealership for leased car (is this true?). Anyway, oil change isn't covered under Audicare BUT if I get it done as part of scheduled maintenance, they cover the oil change. My scheduled maintenance is due in July. Currently have 23k miles, last maintenance was 14k miles. Can I schedule maintenance early so my oil change is covered under audicare? I don't really wanna pay $160 for an oil change
Old 03-24-2020, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 266 Likes on 204 Posts

How would a diagnostic system saying it's time for maintenance not be classified as scheduled maintenance? Did they tell you it wouldn't be covered? They prefer you ignore the oil change notice on the car they are leasing to you for a thousand miles or so?

Audicare maintenance is "every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first. Actual recommended service intervals and scheduled maintenance services vary based on vehicle model, model year, and mileage." First, I'd say that "vary based on ..." means your car's diagnostic system telling you when you need service overrides any generic mileage/time periods. Second, if your last was 9,000 miles and 8 months ago, you will hit the 10K miles first and don't need to wait until 12 months is up (assuming that's why you think it's in July)

All of the following scheduled maintenance items are covered under the Audi Care and Audi Care Select program:
  • Engine Oil/Oil Filter | Change oil and replace filter
etc.
And no, a leased car is not required to have an oil change, or any maintenance, done at a dealership. You just need records showing maintenance was done according to the maintenance schedule - dealer, independent, or DIY.

Last edited by PghRich; 03-24-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PghRich
How would a diagnostic system saying it's time for maintenance not be classified as scheduled maintenance? Did they tell you it wouldn't be covered? They prefer you ignore the oil change notice on the car they are leasing to you for a thousand miles or so?

Audicare maintenance is "every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first. Actual recommended service intervals and scheduled maintenance services vary based on vehicle model, model year, and mileage." First, I'd say that "vary based on ..." means your car's diagnostic system telling you when you need service overrides any generic mileage/time periods. Second, if your last was 9,000 miles and 8 months ago, you will hit the 10K miles first and don't need to wait until 12 months is up (assuming that's why you think it's in July)

And no, a leased car is not required to have an oil change, or any maintenance, done at a dealership. You just need records showing maintenance was done according to the maintenance schedule - dealer, independent, or DIY.
Well explained here, it is time to get the oil changed, so just do it. Take care of the car.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 266 Likes on 204 Posts

Just curious - why was service at 14K? Was that your first or second service?

And did you purchase AudiCare when you bought the car, before a previous service (so have used it already) or recently purchased (which wouldn't make sense as it's approaching lease end)?