A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

The B9 MT6 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just had a funny incident while checking into a hotel this afternoon. They only had valet parking so I handed the valet my keys. He got in the car closed the door and sat there for a good bit. I thought he was struggling to find the starter button, but as I approached the car, he got out and said he didn’t know how to drive my car since it has a manual transmission. Only his boss knew how. The manager had to be called in and he moved it about 30ft and said that’s where it will stay until I need it again.

No need to worry about it being taken for a joyride.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream
You have a very unique and interesting build. Would love to see pics!
I just found the picture I posted In the B9 car photo thread,
Old 04-29-2019, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MDAudi
You had me a bit nervous! But, then I tried them out when it was quite rainy (water all over my feet and the pedals) and I had no problem with my feet slipping. My shoes stuck tight to the pedals. I honestly didn't detect any difference from the standard pedals. Except these look nicer. And the car goes faster.
How odd. I wonder if it has to do with the finish on the OEM metal pedals vs. the aftermarket ones you bought. Or maybe it depends on the type of shoe?
Old 04-29-2019, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sprior
I just found the picture I posted In the B9 car photo thread,
VERY NICE! Thank you for posting the link! It's really cool to see tango red paired with the double-5-spoke wheels. Love the beige/walnut interior too. That would have been my preference by far if they had offered it with the sport seats.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyLikeWoosh
How odd. I wonder if it has to do with the finish on the OEM metal pedals vs. the aftermarket ones you bought. Or maybe it depends on the type of shoe?
I bought the genuine Audi stainless steel pedal caps. So my guess is it has to do with the shoes--unless Audi made a change in the materials used.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream
VERY NICE! Thank you for posting the link! It's really cool to see tango red paired with the double-5-spoke wheels. Love the beige/walnut interior too. That would have been my preference by far if they had offered it with the sport seats.
Yeah, I would have gone for the sport ventilated seats if they had been available in beige, but I just didn't like any of the sport seat color options, especially with my chosen wood trim. I don't like black interiors on cars - yeah I know that's not a popular opinion.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, so courtesy of Vincenzo at AoA, the 2018 numbers are in. These are 2018 A4 6MT, USA only.

A note about the "Tech" cars. At the end of the 2018 model year, the regular A4 was replaced by the Summer of Audi A4, which featured the "Tech Value Package" as standard equipment. Every car now had Virtual Cockpit, which was a big deal for those buying a Premium, as Premium previously could not get Virtual Cockpit. Prestige cars were not part of the Summer of Audi program, as they already had all this crap as standard anyway.

If you own a Premium or Premium Plus and it was built in July 2018, you have a Tech car. I wouldn't be surprised if they were also built in June as well. The model year changeover at the factory is at the end of July.

And finally, a note about the cars with Audi Exclusive paint. Because of the way Audi keeps records these days, specific colors aren't known without a VIN. However, I can tell you that all 38 of the Exclusive cars in the "Tech" column were Quantum Gray (the Ultra Sport models, of which 40 were supposed to be built). As far as the 5 Exclusive cars in the "Normal" column, I only know the specifics on one--it was a Tornado Gray Prestige. Maybe the other 4 will surface when they come off lease in a few years.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great information! As the owner of one of the 27 Matador non-tech cars, I specifically did not want that package as the nav in my phone is better and more easily updated and I am old school and like the analog gauges. I don’t think I will likely see another one heading the other way..
Old 05-07-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

While I don’t completely agree with this, there is a lot of truth to it:
Old 06-04-2019, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There's currently a unique 2018 A4 6MT up for grabs.
A former AoA executive car, it's Scuba Blue with the Sport Plus Package and factory-installed Audi Sport RS Carbon Fiber inlays, which were unavailable at any price unless you were one of the 40 Ultra Sport customers.

https://www.audicoralsprings.com/use...294f08f95b.htm

Quick Reply: The B9 MT6 thread