A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coco Mats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Coco Mats?

Any one order these as an alternative to the standard or all-weather mats?Is there a difference among brands?
Old 04-10-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never knew coco car mats were a thing. But I would think there would be lots of fibers coming off them all the time which would drive me nuts (no pun intended).
Old 04-10-2017, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BiscuitEmbryo
I never knew coco car mats were a thing. But I would think there would be lots of fibers coming off them all the time which would drive me nuts (no pun intended).
They have been around a very long time, so I'm thinking that problem would have been solved, but I'm just guessing about that.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just an update to my original post. I took another look at this site - who custom manufactures them to your car and colors. These videos - especially the one with Jay Leno are informative.
https://www.cocomats.com/videos/
I'm going to order a full set today.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Now that winter comes to an end finally, I swapped out the dealer installed rubber all weather mats with Audi carpet mats. Looks and feels much better. Guess it's just me. The soft carpet gives me the up scale feeling.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by minmet
Now that winter comes to an end finally, I swapped out the dealer installed rubber all weather mats with Audi carpet mats. Looks and feels much better. Guess it's just me. The soft carpet gives me the up scale feeling.
Yeah like them too, but if it's rainy out they can get quite wet and being a dark grey show every bit of dirt and debris. The coco mats show almost nothing and have a rubber bottom so they can be used in winter if you wanted. Actually I think the car carpets as well as mats are about as thin a material as they can get away with and I think this is a cost saving trend across the board for all the car companies.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have the new version, using synthetic fibers from Coco Mats..

... called Furstil M&S. I like the look as it perks up the all-black interior of my RS5. Carries the theme of the black wheels with red stripe from the outside.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... called Furstil M&S. I like the look as it perks up the all-black interior of my RS5. Carries the theme of the black wheels with red stripe from the outside.
Hmm, that the color I was looking at.I did not see that color listed under Furstil.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
Just an update to my original post. I took another look at this site - who custom manufactures them to your car and colors. These videos - especially the one with Jay Leno are informative.
https://www.cocomats.com/videos/
I'm going to order a full set today.
I think you're onto something, Bob. These things look cool and classic.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had coco mats in my '82 Audi Coupe and loved them. They did extremely well in Chicago winters and then in the long gray season in Seattle. I'm thinking about them for my new A4. https://www.autosportcatalog.com/pro...loor-mats.html

Quick Reply: Coco Mats?