A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

CTS Blow Off Valve Install - Seeking Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS Blow Off Valve Install - Seeking Help

I just got a CTS Blow Off Valve kit for my B9. Unfortunately, CTS hasn't released any instructions and I can't find any youtube videos or threads on how to install it. I found out that the blow off valve goes under the intake hose but I'm not sure where the solenoid goes and where all the tubing should go. I get that the tubes are probably supposed to go into a vacuum hose somewhere. Really wanting to learn and am seeking guidance.

Product ID: CTS-BV-0009-B9

CTS TURBO Audi A4 B9 2.0T BOV (BLOW OFF VALVE) KIT
Old 11-29-2016, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was able to figure out pretty much all of it. I just need to know which vacuum hose to place the T Connector to. Even if someone takes a pic and draws an arrow, I would beyond grateful.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call the company that made it and ask them if you can't get a reply on here. Sorry I can't help but will suggest that.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I find it unacceptable for any reputable company to ship any product without instructions. They dont even have a PDF to download on the website. I hope you get this squared away with them. Would like to hear some soundclips of this if you can.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do aftermarket suppliers get away with this?

hard to think of another industry/niche that is as shade tree as car mods.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The manufacture ended up sending me a pic of what vacuum hose to tap into. I ended up having to take it to a local shop to get it done because you can't get to the blow off valve from up top. It had to go on a lift. Just would've been too much of a pain in the *** with a floor jack having to remove the skid plate. It took them about an hour and 15 min to do it. The shop even asked me for directions because they wanted to verify their work. Luckily I pieced together enough info from other sites to help verify.

Having it put on, it sounds amazing. Sounds way better than the normal spacer-type valves. I definitely recommend it. You won't really get it as loud as its intended unless you do an after market intake. If it would help others, I don't mind take pics and doing a basic write up on it. I'll even do some audio as well.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here's a link to what it sounds like. Inside the car, both windows were down. In a parking garage because we all know those are the best spots to go if you have one.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default update

Originally Posted by STLracerX
I just got a CTS Blow Off Valve kit for my B9. Unfortunately, CTS hasn't released any instructions and I can't find any youtube videos or threads on how to install it. I found out that the blow off valve goes under the intake hose but I'm not sure where the solenoid goes and where all the tubing should go. I get that the tubes are probably supposed to go into a vacuum hose somewhere. Really wanting to learn and am seeking guidance.

Product ID: CTS-BV-0009-B9

CTS TURBO Audi A4 B9 2.0T BOV (BLOW OFF VALVE) KIT

have you had any problems since installing, was it worth doing and how much was the install
Old 07-19-2018, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Allenmercedes
have you had any problems since installing, was it worth doing and how much was the install
As someone who also did this install and DIY for the forum, the install was probably the easiest thing to do. The most annoying part was just undoing the lower panel. After that its a 10 minute install. As to whether it was worth doing, its subjective. Can I hear the turbo more? Maybe only a little. The intake really helped with that. Can I tell if it had any additional performance gains? Probably not.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Will this void warranty? Also, I’ve read that it can make the car run a little rich. Noticed any problems with it?