A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

DIY: S4 mirror caps

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric5273
Does Audi sell the OEM S4 mirror caps? And if so, how much do they cost?

I'm sure they do but they might be hard to get considering the S4 isn't out yet, at least not in the US. Plus the cost would be something crazy, I'd guess...$1K? 1.5K? I wouldn't do the mod if that were the price. A couple hundred, sure, why not.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric5273
Does Audi sell the OEM S4 mirror caps? And if so, how much do they cost?
Audi doesn't sell it in NA I believe since the car hasn't been launched. But it definitely will be expensive. Like atleast $700 a pair?
The replicas should be good enough since you save a ton of money. I've bought stuff from china and they aren't as bad as people make it out to be.
I saw carbon fiber mirror caps for the A4 but they cost like $550+. Too much money just for mirror caps. I'd rather just get it wrapped in a carbon fiber print vinyl.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Found em! I think these are OEM from Europrice.

Silver: Mirrors | Aluminum Housings
CF: Mirrors | Carbon Fiber Housings
Old 12-16-2016, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Kenneth Peter Delgado
Found em! I think these are OEM from Europrice.

Silver: Mirrors | Aluminum Housings
CF: Mirrors | Carbon Fiber Housings
Damn. The alu costs more than CF? I thought it was the other way around.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Like plastidip? When do we see pictures?
Yeah. I did this a while ago. Did the mirror caps, stone guards at the bottom of the doors and the rear rings. I can post pics somewhere else if you want, dont want to bugger up this thread.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Yeah. I did this a while ago. Did the mirror caps, stone guards at the bottom of the doors and the rear rings. I can post pics somewhere else if you want, dont want to bugger up this thread.
Absolutely would love to see it. I was searching all around for your threads. Some had to be dug up from like 15 pages back. But yes. Seems like you've got almost everything available for the B9. Nice.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Absolutely would love to see it. I was searching all around for your threads. Some had to be dug up from like 15 pages back. But yes. Seems like you've got almost everything available for the B9. Nice.
Ive tried to be a good guinea pig for the forum. I had exhaust on order but ended up canceling it. I decided its not an "S" model and the 4cyl just doesnt sound as good. I like its stealthiness at the moment.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Ive tried to be a good guinea pig for the forum. I had exhaust on order but ended up canceling it. I decided its not an "S" model and the 4cyl just doesnt sound as good. I like its stealthiness at the moment.
I guess yours is more like an AS4 with the Racechip and what not. Still. I'll probably go down the path you've been. I've bookmarked all your diy threads too. Thank you for those threads. This is another thread I've bookmarked since I'm interested in the alu caps. I want CF but $550 is daylight robbery as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Hahahahaha. 800 for mirror caps. If y'all are spending such amounts of money on freaking mirror caps why didn't you get an even better vehicle? As above, daylight robbery, with a public announcement smacked in your face.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by munsabin
Hahahahaha. 800 for mirror caps. If y'all are spending such amounts of money on freaking mirror caps why didn't you get an even better vehicle? As above, daylight robbery, with a public announcement smacked in your face.
Well. It depends. You'd have to buy an S car for silver mirror caps and that would cost much more than $800, ignoring the performance and stuff.
I love alu/CF mirror caps. But I wouldn't spend $500 for it.
Hell. I think $180 is also expensive. But still. The OP has a lovely looking car now (not that it wasn't good looking before).