A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Excuse this dumb question -- how do I find a Prestige model?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DriveItself
When I search Autotrader or Cars.com for 2019s with Prestige trim, I find just a few cars in the whole country. I'm not sure how much individual dealers update those listings, but when I've searched local dealer websites here in LA (where there are a bunch of Audi dealers, not just one or two), I find the same thing. Maybe one or two Prestige trims.
Thanks again for the advice.
Are you only open to 2019 models? There are only minor changes from 2017/18 to 2019, so if you are interested in 2017 or 2018 there are lot more listings available.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what are the biggest benefits of searching dealer inventory over doing a factory order other than waiting the few weeks? it seems building the car exactly as how you want it would be more intriguing
Old 02-14-2019, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

I have factory ordered my last 2 Audi’s. It got me the car exactly the way I wanted it. Searching for a Unicorn on a dealer lot can get frustrating. Take the plunge and just do the factory order.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chemengin -- I'd certainly be open to previous model years. Good suggestion. I'll ask the dealer about it.

HyperS4 -- The G70 is certainly worth a look! It's gotten so many rave reviews and awards. However, I'd also check out some of the reviews that aren't so favorable just for balance. For instance, Consumer Reports posted their full test in the past week or two and gave it strong marks (73 points) but not as high as the A4 (80). And maybe a review on youtube like the one from savagegeese which mentions a few downsides.
Personally re the G70, given that it looks like very few of them are going to be available in the next several months, I'm inclined to wait on that one until the next model year. In the meantime, if the A4 appeals to me, I'm going to go for it.

Yeah, I'm happy to order a car, I just wonder if it's a 3 or 4 month wait? And at that point the 2020s are coming in? But since I really just want a straight Prestige model with no other options, maybe such a car is sitting outside a factory in Germany and it wouldn't be such a long wait.

Thanks again for the comments. Much appreciated.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

Both of my factory order took about 60 days from order to delivery.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I did a factory order on my current A4 and it took 3 months to come. I did get a pretty good discount. You may be able to get even better discount if the dealer has the car on their lot already.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

More good advice, thanks. If an order only takes 60 days, I might very well be inclined to go that route.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:36 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I'll go talk to a dealer tomorrow to get a sense of what trim levels and additional packages might give me what I'm after. Since I'm in no rush to get a new car, I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be ordering a car, which I've never done before.
Ordering a car is fun! Ask a dealer for the order guide (so much more useful/precise than the web site configurator), figure out what you want, order it, wait 3 months (or less...), and boom, you get a car with your equipment choices and hopefully a colour far more exciting than the white/grey/blacks typically stocked in inventory.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VM
Ordering a car is fun! Ask a dealer for the order guide (so much more useful/precise than the web site configurator), figure out what you want, order it, wait 3 months (or less...), and boom, you get a car with your equipment choices and hopefully a colour far more exciting than the white/grey/blacks typically stocked in inventory.
True! Scuba blue, wish it were still available! Love that color...

My only trepidation about ordering is the negotiation process, but I guess basically it's the same as with a car on the lot. I say what I'm willing to pay, and they say if they'll take that. I guess what I'll do is email a few dealers in the area and see what price they'll give me on an order...

Thanks again...
Old 02-14-2019, 07:56 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

True! Scuba blue, wish it were still available! Love that color...

My only trepidation about ordering is the negotiation process, but I guess basically it's the same as with a car on the lot. I say what I'm willing to pay, and they say if they'll take that. I guess what I'll do is email a few dealers in the area and see what price they'll give me on an order...

Thanks again...
Scuba blue was replaced by navarra blue, which doesn't seem that much different. I was just at the auto show here, they had an A8 in navarra blue... I wish I could afford that...

Quick Reply: Excuse this dumb question -- how do I find a Prestige model?