A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

First hand look and ride in the B9 today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Did you take any pics?
I wonder the vehicle the OP is discussing was the same vehicle that was at my dealer (Audi Denver) yesterday? They only had it for the day I believe.

Here are a few pictures. I had ordered the Manhattan Grey and until now hadn't seen it outside of the order guide. I think the color looks great.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If not, it is a clone. I'd bet they only have one trainer in this region....and it is a 12 hour drive from Tulsa to Denver. Done it many times. In the sun, the color is lighter gray than the pics indoors....not as dark as Mythos Black, not as light as Daytona Gray.
If I sell my Q5, I'm on board for a sedan or maybe an Allroad. I did meet the AofA trainer and he asked me what I thought of the new A4....I told him if Audi brought the A4 Avant over, I'd be on it like a duck on a june bug, but this sedan is VERY nice and potentially my next Audi if all goes well on the Q5TDI remedy experiences.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great looking car but very disappointing to see the Mercedes style screen sticking out of the centre of the dash. I find it hard to believe that any survey of potential customers would find that this is desirable as it looks like an add on feature that was forgotten during the design phase.

With that said, it is a trend so perhaps I am out of touch with what people want these days. Maybe they like seeing a "tablet/ipad" sticking out of the dash as it eases their withdrawal symptoms while driving.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the pics. This color is on top of my list.
Thought I'd like these rims, but I don't care for them at least from seeing it here. They look too fussy and squared off. The car also needs to be just a shade lower with such large rims. Maybe all of this is just from the close-ups or angles of the photos.
Very happy to see, so far, we are getting the split exhaust. If they switch it back to the combined pair at the last minute, I'd be surprised.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Thanks for the pics. This color is on top of my list.
Thought I'd like these rims, but I don't care for them at least from seeing it here. They look too fussy and squared off. The car also needs to be just a shade lower with such large rims. Maybe all of this is just from the close-ups or angles of the photos.
Very happy to see, so far, we are getting the split exhaust. If they switch it back to the combined pair at the last minute, I'd be surprised.
Don't know where you live, but where I live, our streets aren't exactly silky and the temps can get very cold. If I get a new A4, I'm going with the 18" wheels and all-season tires....unquestionably.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the 3-spoke steering wheel on this car more than the style with the metal spoke on the bottom side. The 19" wheel design is so-so. To me, something with 18 spokes is more suited to the luxury trim rather than a sport trim. It's also very unpractical to clean if there is any brake dust on them. Give me a nice 5- or 7-spoke wheel design and I'd be much happier. The screen location atop the dash is more ergonomic than having it lower where it would have to be if the dash was B8-style. I think people will get used to it. I'd prefer a thinner bezel though (black frame around the active part of the screen).
Old 02-17-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 333 Likes on 282 Posts

Jaw dropped!!!
Did not like it at first then it started growing on me...
These pictures made me absolutely love it! What a beautiful thing!!!
Old 02-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a video of i think this exact car on youtube. One feature i really liked it is looks like it coses with 40/20/40 split folding rear seats. I really like this feature a lot more than 60/40.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the 40/20/40 split folding rear seats too. It saves time when loading stuff after a quick shopping to Ikea. One thing i hate after reading is the fact that in Avant model, if too much stuff is loaded and stuff is sticking up, the cover for the boot cannot be disengaged. Is it true? Whenever we go for week long skiing trips or summer cottage trip our trunk is loaded till the top .
Old 02-20-2016, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Don't know where you live, but where I live, our streets aren't exactly silky and the temps can get very cold. If I get a new A4, I'm going with the 18" wheels and all-season tires....unquestionably.
I agree! I remember test driving a B8 with 19" rims years ago, and the ride was too harsh for my tastes. Many potholes and frost heaves where I live. The 18" rims were just right, however.

BTW, where are the fog lights? Are they somehow integrated into the main light housing, like they were on my '96 B5?

Last edited by A4Driver; 02-20-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply: First hand look and ride in the B9 today.