A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Genuine Windshield Sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Genuine Windshield Sunshade

I am moving from Denver, CO to Little Rock, AR and until my house is built I will not have a garage (6 months or so). I'll be living in an apartment. I don't think my work has covered parking either. I'll know when I get there.

I just ordered Genuine Windshield Sunshade for $65 ZAW-064-360-C

Does anyone have or use these? If so thoughts? I have tinted windows on the side and back so that should reject a lot of heat and sun and I'm thinking this should help as well.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  5.0 KB
Old 06-27-2017, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
I am moving from Denver, CO to Little Rock, AR and until my house is built I will not have a garage (6 months or so). I'll be living in an apartment. I don't think my work has covered parking either. I'll know when I get there.

Does anyone have or use these? If so thoughts? I have tinted windows on the side and back so that should reject a lot of heat and sun and I'm thinking this should help as well.

Attachment 67792
i dont have the Audi ones but a generic brand from Amazon. i find that my front seats are still a little hot even though i have windows tinted as well. i guess it would be worse without the shades.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Attachment 67792
I have that one. I stopped using it. It off gasses on a hot day and leaves the inside of the windshield hazy. So hazy that glass cleaner is needed just to see clearly out the windshield. I used it three times each time with the same result. Disappointing. Bought mine from ECS tuning. Too lazy to send it back. I just throw a silver towel on the dash.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 08-02-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have one and use it daily. I agree with the poster above that after the first week or so of uses it left a film on windshield. I kept a micro fiber towel in the car to wipe down the windshield. It doesn't do that anymore after 6 weeks of use.

i will say, with my tinted windows, it makes a significant difference with the temperature inside the car. I couldn't live without a sunshield of some sort. I have to park in an open lot every day at work and would not be able grab the steering wheel or change gears after a day of 90+ heat baking the car.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blassus
I have one and use it daily. I agree with the poster above that after the first week or so of uses it left a film on windshield. I kept a micro fiber towel in the car to wipe down the windshield. It doesn't do that anymore after 6 weeks of use.

i will say, with my tinted windows, it makes a significant difference with the temperature inside the car. I couldn't live without a sunshield of some sort. I have to park in an open lot every day at work and would not be able grab the steering wheel or change gears after a day of 90+ heat baking the car.
That's good to know that haze thing will wear off. Hope it doesn't put a haze on my windshield but Ill do what you do and carry a towel with me until it stops doing that.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That's good to know that haze thing will wear off. Hope it doesn't put a haze on my windshield but Ill do what you do and carry a towel with me until it stops doing that.

Thanks guys.
It's really frustrating at first. it has to be the coating they put on the silver side. I actually had the black Audi rings get so hot they melted and transfer to the other side of the screen when I folded it up.

Also, it's hard not to knock the rear view mirror when putting up or taking down the screen. Eventually, it gets more flexible and easier to manipulate.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I carry microfiber towels in my trunk. They clean some of the haze but it's streaky unless glass cleaner is used. So it takes six weeks for the off gassing to stop? That means I have to clean my windshield 42 times. Really. Hell no, not gonna happen. The sunshade now lives in the closet. Permanently.

Last edited by up-n-coming; 06-27-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:25 PM
vgt
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weathertech just started selling custom fit windshield shades. Not sure if our car is available yet, but knowing that company, will likely be a fine product.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Dang, I bought mine a month ago, yet I have not used it yet. Car is garaged and I almost forgot about it, it's sitting in the trunk. Hate to hear of the off-gassing, but what about if you left it opened up just laying in the sun - in your backyard or something? Wouldn't that solve the off gassing?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd be willing to buy one of those shades sitting in someone's closet

Quick Reply: Genuine Windshield Sunshade