A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Got her today - lease details and first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got her today - lease details and first impressions

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24813772

See above for details on my lease if you're curious.

Took delivery today and drove about 120 miles home from the dealer.

Some thoughts:

Lane Assist did not work - did not recognize a single lane marking.

Traffic sign recognition was perfect for speed limit signs.

CarPlay was buggy - disconnected at random at one point and just plain didn't work at another point - had to disconnect and reconnect.

Never saw evidence that Congestion Assist worked, despite being in stop and go traffic under 40 mph behind multiple cars.

Hate - hate - hate auto on/off engine BS. I'm sure I'll get used to either pushing the button to disable or leaving it alone and tolerating it. Feels like just another federal government finger where the sun don't shine. Frustrating but trying not to let it darken an otherwise great experience/car.

Dr. B
Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Are you sure lane assist was on? Congestion assist will not work unless lane assist is on and it's odd that it would not pick up a single lane marking during your trip.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually I'm not sure - it was checked in the settings. If there's another magical setting or button I'm unaware of, I'd like to know.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh joy - I'm slightly less retarded now - some YouTube searching solved the problem. I didn't realize ALA wasn't on by default, and I never took my eyes off the road long enough to look at the end of the turn signal stick, where you turn it on. Lovely.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by drbooya
Actually I'm not sure - it was checked in the settings. If there's another magical setting or button I'm unaware of, I'd like to know.
The button on the end of the turn signal stalk. When lane assist is on, 2 yellow lane lines will show up in the virtual cockpit. When a lane is detected (40 MPH+), it changes to green.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks
Old 05-19-2016, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The button on the end of the turn signal stalk. When lane assist is on, 2 yellow lane lines will show up in the virtual cockpit. When a lane is detected (40 MPH+), it changes to green.
40mph is the handoff from traffic jam assist (congestion) to active lane assist. You will have lane assist under 40mph.

But yes, as everyone else has said, the lane assist needs to be enabled for traffic jam assist to work. You will notice it is on when you see three little cars in green next to the cruise control display.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by adg44
40mph is the handoff from traffic jam assist (congestion) to active lane assist. You will have lane assist under 40mph.
You really don't have lane assist under 40 though. During congestion assist, it follows the car in front of you and not the lane markings.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lane assist seems to work well for me but I'm not sure I like driving with it on all the time. I may only use it on the interstate when driving longer distances.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
You really don't have lane assist under 40 though. During congestion assist, it follows the car in front of you and not the lane markings.
Lane assist starts at 37mph. Traffic jam assist uses the sensors and camera (including the lines) to follow the other cars.

Quick Reply: Got her today - lease details and first impressions