A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Have the 40 A4 Ultra Sport 6MT models already gone on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wmeitz
I was fortunate enough to find out about the Ultra Sport in early September. I had a deposit down on one locally (Audi Exchange) but they sold it out from under me! I was told that the buyer paid $5K over MSRP which is likely why they took the other offer without calling me first. They told me they tried to find another one for me but they were all gone. After two minutes searching on Autotrader, I found three others and ended up flying to Austin to buy one they had there. What a great experience all the way around from Audi South Austin! I was able to get all the discounts, and I couldn't be happier with the car, it's truly my dream car (ok, maybe my realistic dream car, but you get the point). After happily driving my B6 for 11 years the drive to Chicago from Texas was a revelation. It was a weekend adventure I'll never forget!
Audi South Austin sucks.
I'm offended they didn't offer me this car.
Audi South Austin sucks.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like there's another one available at Audi Marietta in GA.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Update on the repairs from the deer hit:
Car is still in the shop because they have ordered 3 hoods and all 3 have arrived dented from the styrofoam packing material. Fourth one is on the way, but another case of the front of the car being designed fragile on purpose to satisfy pedestrian impact regs.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Group B
Update on the repairs from the deer hit:
Car is still in the shop because they have ordered 3 hoods and all 3 have arrived dented from the styrofoam packing material. Fourth one is on the way, but another case of the front of the car being designed fragile on purpose to satisfy pedestrian impact regs.
And their shipping department isn't keeping up with upgrading their packing skills. Sorry to hear it still isn't fixed.

I have driven mine a whole two miles. But right now I have a guy working in my garage on my R32 headliner - the last step before selling it. And paint protection film install scheduled for the A4 hood next week (to repel those pesky deer). So I might get to drive it soon!
Old 11-13-2018, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by wilme2
...(to repel those pesky deer)....
I get the irony of your comment but it made me wonder if anyone knows for sure whether those deer repelling whistles really work. For years I had them on my cars, my current 2018 A4 being the only one in memory that I have not added them to. Am I taking too much of a risk? I have the black optic package so the black plastic ones I can get at the local Auto Zone would blend in with the color scheme.
I am told that in Europe (Germany mostly) people swear by them. Thoughts?

Old 11-13-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Now that they've pretty much all gone to good homes, here's my list of serials and original selling dealers.
I only know of 38 cars, and the latest available production figures say 24, which is obviously not final.
Blank lines are non-USP 6MT cars that were mixed in by VIN and have been removed for these purposes.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that they've pretty much all gone to good homes, here's my list of serials and original selling dealers.
I only know of 38 cars, and the latest available production figures say 24, which is obviously not final.
Blank lines are non-USP 6MT cars that were mixed in by VIN and have been removed for these purposes.
Weird distribution. At least if you think it would somehow follow population figures. NJ way over represented at 6, TX and IL only two each...
Old 11-13-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wilme2
Weird distribution. At least if you think it would somehow follow population figures. NJ way over represented at 6, TX and IL only two each...
From my experience during the buying process, they were allocated by the regional reps in two ways—pushed to high-visibility dealers as well as pulled by dealers who had a confirmed buyer.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:50 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Fourth one is on the way, but another case of the front of the car being designed fragile on purpose to satisfy pedestrian impact regs.
... and on balance, that's probably the right trade-off. Maybe I'm a little grumpy because there seem to be pedestrians killed every day around here...
Old 11-13-2018, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VM
... and on balance, that's probably the right trade-off. Maybe I'm a little grumpy because there seem to be pedestrians killed every day around here...
I look at it the other way—the EU nanny state has now caused me an unnecessarily high insurance claim and saved the deer’s life so it can wreck more cars.

Quick Reply: Have the 40 A4 Ultra Sport 6MT models already gone on sale?