How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my allroad January 2nd
Production was complete on April 1st
Arrived in Rhode Island April 19th
Took delivery April 28th, the day it arrived at the dealer.

I'm not sure I'll ever order a vehicle again. That wait was probably the worst thing in the world. My last vehicle (my A7) I found in another state and just went and picked it up and drove home, definitely a lot more satisfying.

That being said though, I do love my allroad.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealership confirmed my A4 arrived at the port, but told me Audi has a hold on it......what the Hell!!!!!!!

SYMAWD - can you please let me know if you might be able to see why Audi is holding my car at the port. COMM # NB4957
Old 05-23-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
I ordered my allroad January 2nd
Production was complete on April 1st
Arrived in Rhode Island April 19th
Took delivery April 28th, the day it arrived at the dealer.

I'm not sure I'll ever order a vehicle again. That wait was probably the worst thing in the world. My last vehicle (my A7) I found in another state and just went and picked it up and drove home, definitely a lot more satisfying.

That being said though, I do love my allroad.
Apparently you got your order in just in time. I ordered Jan 15 and I'm still waiting. Another person on here ordered mid March and his is supposedly coming on the same boat as mine. So it seems that there was a pause from mid Jan to mid March.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

My wife's at the dealership signing the docs and picking up my new A4 right now....Just called me from the finance office to go over the final numbers......can't wait till she sends me the pics for me to ooh and aww over....it's a shame I won't be home for another 5 weeks.....gonna be a garage baby until I can get it covered in paint protection film and coated

Ordered 27 Feb and picked up 25 May so just about 3 months from order to delivery
Old 05-26-2017, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports
My wife's at the dealership signing the docs and picking up my new A4 right now....Just called me from the finance office to go over the final numbers......can't wait till she sends me the pics for me to ooh and aww over....it's a shame I won't be home for another 5 weeks.....gonna be a garage baby until I can get it covered in paint protection film and coated

Ordered 27 Feb and picked up 25 May so just about 3 months from order to delivery
Congrats on delivery!

Did you ever find out why Audi held your vehicle at the port?

My A4 was on the same ship. It left Halifax, arrived to RI...stayed at the port for 10 days, and it's on a truck now. Not sure why it was held, but I'll ask the dealership.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by browns_d02
Congrats on delivery!

My A4 was on the same ship. It left Halifax, arrived to RI...stayed at the port for 10 days, and it's on a truck now. Not sure why it was held, but I'll ask the dealership.
Sadly, they did not let me know why it was being held. All they let me know was that they requested it be expedited.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on delivery!

Mine arrived in RI on the 22nd and I picked it up at the dealer on the 26th. Ordered it on Jan 15, so it took almost 4.5 months. Well worth the wait.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. Mine was suppose to be delivered by 25 May. It arrived at RI on the 15th...still not here yet...makes me wonder if it was damaged.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the feedback. Mine was suppose to be delivered by 25 May. It arrived at RI on the 15th...still not here yet...makes me wonder if it was damaged.
Yeah, that definitely sounds odd. It's obviously not a carrier issue. I hope they get you sorted soon.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

I wouldn't think damaged. It is very hard to explain the "logic" around the delivery system. It seems to be hit or miss and seems to deal a lot with how far away your dealer is to the port, if it needs to get sent by rail and then truck or just truck, when the train is there for loading and is there enough room on the train, then if it gets on the train how long before it is loaded on a truck for delivery to your dealer. Then if you car has port installed options, it has to wait for these items to be installed before transport even begins. So with all of these variables, it can take quite some time to get from the port to the dealer.

When our dealer received their first S5 coupe, it took a little over 3 weeks to get from the port in Houston to Oregon. However the next one only took 10 days to get here. Turns out the first one went by rail and the second one went by truck.

Quick Reply: How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting