A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Just sold my B9, wanted to share some information

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtatx
"Gas isn't cheap...so I ate it on trade in"

Gas is fairly reasonable at the moment. You won't make up the loss on depreciation any time soon.
Exactly. I've never understood why gas is even in the discussion with a car that's ~$60K. Sure, good gas mileage is a bonus, but any modern car is pretty damn efficient. If your monthly gas expenditure is of concern to you, you shouldn't be buying a car in this price range.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by volcomic
Exactly. I've never understood why gas is even in the discussion with a car that's ~$60K.
When I was selling Audi's, you have no idea how many people balked at the idea of having to put in 91/93 gasoline. I was like, youre buying a 60k car and youre worried about $.15 per gallon extra?
Old 04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HyperS4
When I was selling Audi's, you have no idea how many people balked at the idea of having to put in 91/93 gasoline. I was like, youre buying a 60k car and youre worried about $.15 per gallon extra?
$0.70 per gallon when I bought yesterday at Costco. Or 23% more. It is not necessarily an inconsiderable sum over the life of a car.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mike60564
$0.70 per gallon when I bought yesterday at Costco. Or 23% more. It is not necessarily an inconsiderable sum over the life of a car.
I guess it depends on where you are buying gas. Here in NJ we have pretty inexpensive gas still. That being said, are you saying you would rather put 87 in your car than the recommended 91/93?

Also, what do you consider "over the life of a car": During a lease? 5 years of ownership? 100k miles of ownership? If youre concerned about spending too much in proper gasoline for the life of your car, then this thread was made for you and you should consider driving a Tesla.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with everyone here. It is so funny to complain about gasoline for someone who afford 60 k car lol.

If you care so much about cost you should choose honda civic. Honda civic is cheaper in everything than tesla (lower depreciation, much lower insurance cost, and lower maintenance cost as well).

No offense to tesla owner but buying tesla right now is the worst financial decision in my mind. I test drove model 3 once and I feel the leather they put in the tesla is similar to the leather of toyota camry. I think that car should be priced as toyota camry/ honda accord.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by msochemist
No offense to tesla owner but buying tesla right now is the worst financial decision in my mind. I test drove model 3 once and I feel the leather they put in the tesla is similar to the leather of toyota camry. I think that car should be priced as toyota camry/ honda accord.
I'm far from a Tesla fan but in their defense, you're not buying good leather or even good build quality, you're buying cutting edge technology. Toyota and Honda have maybe 10% of the tech you're going to get with the Tesla. Everything is priced what people are willing to pay. Apparently they are priced correctly.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Wanted a Tesla but consumer reports and plenty of talk indicating the poor build quality and materials of Tesla. Not saying they’re the worst, but enough to sway me considering it costs quite a bit more here in Canada.

Plus, we don’t have enough charging stations where I live and I’ve always been worried about battery life with our -40C weather lol
Old 04-24-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm far from a Tesla fan but in their defense, you're not buying good leather or even good build quality, you're buying cutting edge technology. Toyota and Honda have maybe 10% of the tech you're going to get with the Tesla. Everything is priced what people are willing to pay. Apparently they are priced correctly.
Which technology that honda doesnt have that tesla have? Honda/ toyota is now equipped with Lane assist/adaptivecruise/auto braking/high beam assist. In my opinion thats the only tech I need (basic tesla model 3). The additional gadget only worth 5000 more so why should I spent 40 k more on tesla. Just my opinion anyway.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Right? I find it funny how ridiculously bad at math the average person is. I frequently see cars waiting in massive lines at Costco to get the cheapest gas in the area while there are literally 4 other gas stations within 2 blocks. The most expensive one is typically $.15/gal more than Costco, but the others are usually within $.10 of Costco's price. So you're waiting in line for 20-30 minutes to save less than $2.50 on your $55+ fill-up. I don't get it, haha
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by msochemist
Which technology that honda doesnt have that tesla have? Honda/ toyota is now equipped with Lane assist/adaptivecruise/auto braking/high beam assist. In my opinion thats the only tech I need (basic tesla model 3). The additional gadget only worth 5000 more so why should I spent 40 k more on tesla. Just my opinion anyway.
In that same line of thinking, since my A4 didnt come with those features that are standard on a Honda/Toyota unless I spend 5-7k more by getting a Prestige and then Drivers Assistance package, and on top of that my car is at least 10k more than those two, I bought the wrong car? I should have just gotten a Toyota/Honda instead?

Quick Reply: Just sold my B9, wanted to share some information