A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Looking for help trying to decide on a particular car

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for help trying to decide on a particular car

Hoping to run a couple of things by you guys.

Saw a 2017 A4 Premium Plus Quattro today.

Technology Package
Cold Weather Package
Gray Oak inlays
Mats
USB cables

Monroney Label says $48,550 including the destination charge.

I can get it for about $46,200.

This is before fees, which amount to about $1500 (doc fee, license fee, tag agency fee) The fees I have to refresh myself on which ones to ask to waive away but will do that once I'm ready to counter.

TrueCar says $44,328 is average including options, regional fees and destination fees.

So based on that this seems like it isn't a great deal at all.

I like the car a lot - but I wish it had the sport suspension. And I wish I wasn't paying over 3K for the technology package since the only reason I wanted it was for the side assist. I didn't like that the side assist doesn't give you the option to have sound with it even though I'm sure it's still good to have. Plus, believe it or not, I actually like the physical "dials" of the cockpit rather than the virtual cockpit.

Problem is, there isn't a lot of Premium Plus Quattro inventory. And what there is in stock is with the technology package. So the selection available is limited.

What do you guys think - first about the price, and second the actual car itself. Maybe I'm being totally unrealistic.

The other option I was thinking about is possibly buying out of state, see if I can find a Premium Plus without the convenience package, but with the sport package - but I would imagine that would be a PITA to try to do.

Anyway - just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much of a discount. Most people from here get 5-10% but much depends on competition of dealers in the local area.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by emailrob
Not much of a discount. Most people from here get 5-10% but much depends on competition of dealers in the local area.
OP - Where are you located? I think you can get a 2018 P+ at a better discount than the 2017 you were quoted, even if you wanted to order a car. The 2018 P+ has Audi Side Assist included, so no need to pay for the Tech package (now Nav package). Search on "2018 A4 Order Guide" here in the forum.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

4% off MSRP isn’t great...not sure where you live and if there are any immediate competing dealers you could shop the sale price. I was able to get 13% off MSRP on my 2017 A4 Premium Plus in Southern California just two days ago.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I have that same configuration in glacier white, which is a $575 add on. My sticker was $49,180 and I bought it a year ago for $46k, about a 6.5% discount. That discount was pretty good back then considering my location, but I think people are generally doing better now. You should be able to do significantly better than the discount offered.

I love side assist and would absolutely not want to have any audible cues. Trust me, that would drive you and your passengers nuts in no time. They are constantly going on and off during highway driving.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks all. Yes, I'm coming to the realization that the discount wasn't great. And I will definitely search for the 2018 Order Guide. Thank you.

@KevinB656 do you have pictures of the Glacier White? I have been wondering what that looks like compared to the Ibis White.

I actually really love the car in the Premium Plus in the Ibis White. What's funny is that the first time I saw the 2017 A4 in white I thought it didn't have enough definition, that the white didn't show enough of the car's contours. But I think the first one I saw was a Premium model and not a Premium Plus. The Ibis White Premium Plus is gorgeous.

I agree with you that Side Assist is good to have - I just don't want to pay the 3K to get it. And I can also see how if it made sounds after a while it could drive you nuts. If it came with sound I'd want the option to be able to turn it off.

The conclusion I'm coming to is what some of you already suggested...I might be better off looking at the 2018s.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found this useful when looking at the whites

https://youtu.be/T96tfQxGLp4

My wife has an odyessey and it's more polar white and doesn't quite match mine lol
Old 07-10-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xreycon
Thanks all. Yes, I'm coming to the realization that the discount wasn't great. And I will definitely search for the 2018 Order Guide. Thank you.

@KevinB656 do you have pictures of the Glacier White? I have been wondering what that looks like compared to the Ibis White.

I actually really love the car in the Premium Plus in the Ibis White. What's funny is that the first time I saw the 2017 A4 in white I thought it didn't have enough definition, that the white didn't show enough of the car's contours. But I think the first one I saw was a Premium model and not a Premium Plus. The Ibis White Premium Plus is gorgeous.

I agree with you that Side Assist is good to have - I just don't want to pay the 3K to get it. And I can also see how if it made sounds after a while it could drive you nuts. If it came with sound I'd want the option to be able to turn it off.

The conclusion I'm coming to is what some of you already suggested...I might be better off looking at the 2018s.
Get a premium plus 2018. Comes with side assist, you get the new screen in the dash between the analog gauges & you can spec it with the sports package & if you want the warm weather also.

I agree that the tech package is a big waste of $$$ but to each their own.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by emailrob
I found this useful when looking at the whites

https://youtu.be/T96tfQxGLp4

My wife has an odyessey and it's more polar white and doesn't quite match mine lol
Super helpful. Thank you.

Ibis White all the way for me.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5
Get a premium plus 2018. Comes with side assist, you get the new screen in the dash between the analog gauges & you can spec it with the sports package & if you want the warm weather also.

I agree that the tech package is a big waste of $$$ but to each their own.
What do you mean the "new screen in the dash" - it's different than what you get in the 2017?

(I love the analog gauges BTW.)

Quick Reply: Looking for help trying to decide on a particular car