A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Out of date Canadian nav maps

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Out of date Canadian nav maps

Just checked my.audi and there are still no nav updates for Canadian customers. This is unacceptable but I don't know what can be done about it.

You basically can't drive around Montreal now with Audi nav. The new Autoroute 720 isn't even in it. You're not driving on a road as far as nav is concerned. It isn't just a matter of a missing road; it's missing all the exits and entrances which you need to know about to get someplace. It also instructed us to turn off St Laurent on to a pedestrianized street. It couldn't get us out of Place des Arts. We were using Google Maps and Wayze on my phone since we couldn't trust the nav. In Fredericton it instructed us to go down a one way street the wrong way.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mbos
Just checked my.audi and there are still no nav updates for Canadian customers. This is unacceptable but I don't know what can be done about it.

You basically can't drive around Montreal now with Audi nav. The new Autoroute 720 isn't even in it. You're not driving on a road as far as nav is concerned. It isn't just a matter of a missing road; it's missing all the exits and entrances which you need to know about to get someplace. It also instructed us to turn off St Laurent on to a pedestrianized street. It couldn't get us out of Place des Arts. We were using Google Maps and Wayze on my phone since we couldn't trust the nav. In Fredericton it instructed us to go down a one way street the wrong way.
What MY A4 do you have? I posted this last night: Audi Digital Road Map for North America (Mexico, Canada, USA) Version 2019
Old 06-06-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
What MY A4 do you have? I posted this last night: Audi Digital Road Map for North America (Mexico, Canada, USA) Version 2019
Old 06-06-2019, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

And when you logon to the my audi connect site, you don’t see the 2019 map for North America?
Old 06-07-2019, 03:06 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Okay, so you're two versions behind. 2018/2019 came out about a year ago; 2019, as another poster indicated, became available on the myAudi web site a few days ago.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VM
Okay, so you're two versions behind. 2018/2019 came out about a year ago; 2019, as another poster indicated, became available on the myAudi web site a few days ago.
I see “There are no updates for your car.” It’s going in for the 15000km service so I’ll ask about it.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I see “There are no updates for your car.” It’s going in for the 15000km service so I’ll ask about it.
To be clear, are you doing this on the website using a browser or in the car directly via the MMI? Never seen the My Audi Connect site state “there are no updates for your car”.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 06-07-2019 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just updated to 2019 (I only opted for Canada region only) through USB
Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also from Montreal and mbos is absolutely right. Updated my Nav to the 2019 version last night. Still missing the major changes to the Turcot, Nun's island bridge, Champlain etc... Keep using Waze through Apple Carplay especially with all the weekend road closures we have in Montreal. Waze gets notified by the City so they have the most updated info.

mbos, I have the map update on an SD card ready to go. Update takes about 22 minutes; if you need any help just DM me.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
To be clear, are you doing this on the website using a browser or in the car directly via the MMI? Never seen the My Audi Connect site state “there are no updates for your car”.
The former.

Under "Features" on my.audi there's a map update section that says my maps are up to date.

After I got the car I set up an account on the portal but the dealer had to set me up as the owner of the car. They did that which produced in 2 email meaasges to me, 1 of them telling me how to set up a PIN. That process failed repeatedly with a nonspecific server error message. At that point I said p*** on it and dropped it. I just retried and got the same error but now I can't get into the "Features" section (server error.)