A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Premium Plus Ambient Lighting and Led Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Plus Ambient Lighting and Led Headlights

The A4 premium and premium plus have basic ambient lighting options as compared to the prestige model. Basically you can not pick colors in the lower trims. You can however adjust individual brightness in certain areas. I still think the basic ambient lighting looks really nice. I have the premium plus model and figured this might be helpful for people who haven't picked a trim yet. I also posted a video showing the led headlights. Integrated weather/fog lights are interesting but haven't had a chance to test them out yet.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure why but youtube embed doesn't seem to be showing up in original thread.

Last edited by TheU; 08-05-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the videos. If I would suggest something, I would have done a video of the lights continously instead of cutting out each different option. That gives a better view of the difference between each choice.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Audi2589. I was shooting on an iphone and figured the video would be jerky if I did it as one continuous shot.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Something very cool is the way it uses the fog lights (3 little LEDs below each headlight) to light your turn path. If you want an easy way to see it in action, park at night with headlights on, turn the steering wheel to the right or left and watch that area illuminate. It will turn on that side's fog light. Very cool to me.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jermaine151
Something very cool is the way it uses the fog lights (3 little LEDs below each headlight) to light your turn path. If you want an easy way to see it in action, park at night with headlights on, turn the steering wheel to the right or left and watch that area illuminate. It will turn on that side's fog light. Very cool to me.
That's cool. I didn't know the A4 had cornering lights.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone know of an MMI hack to be able to change the ambient color? It lighting strip has the ability, its' just disabled unless you have the Prestige model. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by plevas
Does anyone know of an MMI hack to be able to change the ambient color? It lighting strip has the ability, its' just disabled unless you have the Prestige model. Thanks!
From what I have read the premium/premium plus models use different hardware. Simply updating the coding will most likely not give you the ability to change colors. There was a post on here regarding that but you would have to search for it.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course Audi isn't going to make it easy for you to just make it a simple software tweak.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

This might be what your looking for,
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24848871

Quick Reply: Premium Plus Ambient Lighting and Led Headlights