A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Proud new B9 owner, unlurking

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Proud new B9 owner, unlurking

This is my first post, as I only found this forum a couple of weeks ago just a few days after purchasing my very first Audi. Before buying one, I had not bought a car since an Infiniti QX56 back in 2003. And that wasn't even the car I wanted, but one I thought our family needed.

We had actually been shopping for my wife, as she wanted a new convertible, while I had been casually shopping with no idea of what I wanted. My requirements were fairly simple. I wanted lots of car toys, but had no idea what was out there. We ended up at an Audi dealership after finding nothing interesting at a Ford dealership and started looking for a car for my wife. We test drove an A5 cabriolet but she wasn't impressed.

I was blown away by the tech inside the A5, though. But since she wasn't interested, I started thinking about Audis more and more and did some research, finding I really liked the A4's a lot.

So a couple of weeks later, there I was looking for a 2018 A4. The dealer found one coming into Houston and three weeks after that, I drove home my new 2018 Prestige with Scuba Blue exterior and Nougat Brown interior with most of the toys that come with the Prestige.

My wife, on the other hand, has her heart set on a BMW M240i cabriolet. She gets the BMW experience of the Ultimate Driving Machine while I get the comfy, quiet ride and cool toys.

Since lurking here, I caught the mod bug, but knowing very little about cars, I'm finding myself doing the really small things like stainless steel pedals and some splashes of chrome on the interior. Eventually I'll work up the courage to go after bigger fish, looking into a Neuspeed piggy back tune.

In the meantime, I'm happy to unlurk, and would like to say that this seems to be a fun community. I'll see if I can post some pics.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, welcome to the forum and congrats on the car! We probably have similar cars... I really looked hard at the Scuba Blue- it's beautiful, but the Manhattan Gray worked better for my needs in the long run. I am pretty handy but am also moving slowly making small mods and changes to the car as money and experience permit. It's such a great car to begin with, everything else is gravy. And this is probably the best forum I've ever been on for any subject... it's full of some positive and knowledgeable people. I learned a lot lurking before I purchased my car, and still read the forum almost every day to learn. Enjoy your time here. Cheers.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Delayed Picture Posting

Here are some pictures of my car, both inside and outside, after a few cosmetic changes. As I said before, I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I did do some minor mods to my car. The first few of the outside are of my car after having a full-frontal clear bra and a full coating of Opti-Coat Pro Plus.

At the detailer who put on the Opti-Coat Pro Plus. And he said it'll get glossier over the next seven days. O_O Pic 1.
Pic 2.
Pic 3.

Last edited by NorthwestB9; 09-24-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Cosmetic Mods

Here are some pictures of cosmetic mods:

Paddle shifter extensions
S4-Style foot pedals. Sorry I didn't clean them, but they'd been on for at least two weeks.
Center panel was too gray and dingy.
Just a border around the lighting controls.
Something for the back.
Found some OEM puddle lights, so I put them on the back doors, too.

Last edited by NorthwestB9; 09-24-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Other mods - No pics

I also got all the windows tinted to about 38% (legal limit in my state is 35%). Plus I installed the Neuspeed Power Module. I'm still not sure how much effect the Neuspeed has had on my car. I might have put it on too soon to tell the difference before and after.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the family! I'm also in the Northwest and earlier this year took delivery on a 2017 A4 Prestige in what looks like the same configuration as yours: scuba blue, nougat brown, walnut burl. The day I went to pick it up my salesman at Audi Seattle actually thanked me for ordering the configuration as most of the cars they get are silvers and grays. He said my freshly prepped car had been attracting lots of attention from other customers.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthwestB9
Here are some pictures of my car, both inside and outside, after a few cosmetic changes. As I said before, I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I did do some minor mods to my car. The first few of the outside are of my car after having a full-frontal clear bra and a full coating of Opti-Coat Pro Plus.

At the detailer who put on the Opti-Coat Pro Plus. And he said it'll get glossier over the next seven days. O_O Pic 1.
Pic 2.
Pic 3.
Looks great. Do you mind saying how much the coating and clear bra cost to have done? Considering these for my 2018 Mythos Black Prestige .
Old 09-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, nice!

That's probably one of the best real-world representations of Scuba Blue that I've seen online.

But I think it would require much more effort than I'm willing to put in to keep that Blue looking that striking. Kudos to you if you do, I'm guessing the Opti-Coat treatment should help a lot.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthwestB9

Pic 2.
Pic 3.

WOW!!!!!! Great looking car and kudos to your detailer!
Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, that car looks so... blue.

I've found mine to be darker than expected, unless there's an insane amount of sunlight shining on it...

Quick Reply: Proud new B9 owner, unlurking