A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Roof rack and cargo carrier

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Roof rack and cargo carrier

Looking for roof rack and cargo carrier for A4 B9. Is anyone has experience and could comment what exact model works the best? There are Audi racks, however I saw some with better aerodynamics. Also cargo carriers have different box shapes - some looks nicer and more slick.
Any experience would be appreciate - maybe photos with model.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnit
Looking for roof rack and cargo carrier for A4 B9. Is anyone has experience and could comment what exact model works the best? There are Audi racks, however I saw some with better aerodynamics. Also cargo carriers have different box shapes - some looks nicer and more slick.
I just put up my Audi roof rack for sale here if you’re interested (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/par...-bars-2944813/)

They work wel, but make a little wind noise which is expected. They go on very easily and can be installed in less than 5 minutes.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sgs182

I just put up my Audi roof rack for sale here if you’re interested (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/par...-bars-2944813/)

They work wel, but make a little wind noise which is expected. They go on very easily and can be installed in less than 5 minutes.
Does it accept any box at the top?
Old 03-12-2018, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it accept any box at the top?
It's just the cross bars so I guess it's up to the type of box you get. i.e. if it comes with harnesses to mount on the cross bar itself. Usually the box, rack, or whatever holder you get for mounting on cross bars come with the hardware.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sgs182
It's just the cross bars so I guess it's up to the type of box you get. i.e. if it comes with harnesses to mount on the cross bar itself. Usually the box, rack, or whatever holder you get for mounting on cross bars come with the hardware.
I got it that this only bars, actually I interesting if box what I plan to buy will have mount for those. I will check it and contact you if decide to buy your bars. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Thule 623 ski box, 480R feet, 1819 fit kit, 53" wing blade. Also works with my ProRide bike carriers (4) but don't have a photo of that.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

480R feet, 1819 fit kit, 53" black wing blade. Can't remember exact model of ski box. I believe Atlantis 2100 XT

Old 03-23-2018, 05:35 AM
Former Vendor

Received 72 Likes on 72 Posts

Hi @Magnit
We offer numerous roof rack and cargo box options for the A4 B9. You can view the complete selection by following the link below:
2016 Audi A4 roof racks & cargo carriers
However, if you are concerned about aerodynamics, I would recommend picking products by Thule or Yakima, as these two brands specifically test their products' aerodynamic characteristics and document them.
Now, here are some more recommendations for you. If you pick a non-aerodynamic cargo box, you will get noticeable decrease in mpg. Also, you will notice extra noise when driving with a box.
Yet, even if you pick the most aerodynamic cargo box and rack system, you will still notice some noise and slightly increased fuel consumption.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carid
Hi @Magnit
We offer numerous roof rack and cargo box options for the A4 B9. You can view the complete selection by following the link below:
2016 Audi A4 roof racks & cargo carriers
However, if you are concerned about aerodynamics, I would recommend picking products by Thule or Yakima, as these two brands specifically test their products' aerodynamic characteristics and document them.
Now, here are some more recommendations for you. If you pick a non-aerodynamic cargo box, you will get noticeable decrease in mpg. Also, you will notice extra noise when driving with a box.
Yet, even if you pick the most aerodynamic cargo box and rack system, you will still notice some noise and slightly increased fuel consumption.
Thanks. It is not clear from web site - do you charge for delivery?
Taxes in MN?
Old 03-25-2018, 11:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 72 Likes on 72 Posts

Thanks. It is not clear from web site - do you charge for delivery?
Taxes in MN?
Shipping price depends on the weight and dimensions of every part, and for some products shipping is free. You can just add the product you are looking at to shopping cart, fill in your shipping zip and you will get the exact quote. Alternatively, you can give us a call, e-mail or contact via live chat to get the exact info on the product you are interested in. Or you can send us a PM here with the link to the product you are interested in and your shipping zip. We'll reply back with the exact quote. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Roof rack and cargo carrier