A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4 AR In Transit - Audi App shows feature deletions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Default A4 AR In Transit - Audi App shows feature deletions?

So like many I’ve been patiently waiting for my 2022 A4 All Road ordered early September. it’s a standard US “Premium Plus” in Manhattan Grey with Okapi interior.

A check in with Audi Chat last week brought me good news: my car was produced and en route to Emden port. I had a VIN number.

So out of Excitement and curiosity I entered the VIN into my Audi App…. And lo there was my car…. Still not activated yet. But then upon digging, a surprise.

The App has a tab for Vehicle Equipment and listed under my new Car…looking here I found there appear to be quite lot of missing elements of Premium Plus. it’s well beyond the missing phone box:

- no side assist or rear pre-sense, just city
- no advanced key or hands free tailgate
- no active lane keep assist, just lane depart warning
- no adaptive cruise with Traffic Jam (just says “cruise control system”…this is the big one if missing I am not happy)
- oh yes and of course no phone box

the other key distinctive features of PP are listed and thus seem to be present (VIrtual Cockpit, top view camera, auto dim side mirrors, DRL Led headlights, steering wheel with FOB)

Does anyone know if the Audi App’s ability to read some of these vehicle features is somehow diminished while the vehicle is still “dormant” in transit?

or am I, sadly, likely seeing an accurate and complete option list and thus feeling the burn of the next level of more serious Chip Shortage deletion of features beyond the phone box…?

Old 01-03-2022, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JSchmo
So like many I’ve been patiently waiting for my 2022 A4 All Road ordered early September. it’s a standard US “Premium Plus” in Manhattan Grey with Okapi interior.

A check in with Audi Chat last week brought me good news: my car was produced and en route to Emden port. I had a VIN number.

So out of Excitement and curiosity I entered the VIN into my Audi App…. And lo there was my car…. Still not activated yet. But then upon digging, a surprise.

The App has a tab for Vehicle Equipment and listed under my new Car…looking here I found there appear to be quite lot of missing elements of Premium Plus. it’s well beyond the missing phone box:

- no adaptive cruise with Traffic Jam (just says “cruise control system”…this is the big one if missing I am not happy)

the other key distinctive features of PP are listed and thus seem to be present (VIrtual Cockpit, top view camera, auto dim side mirrors, DRL Led headlights, steering wheel with FOB)

Does anyone know if the Audi App’s ability to read some of these vehicle features is somehow diminished while the vehicle is still “dormant” in transit?

or am I, sadly, likely seeing an accurate and complete option list and thus feeling the burn of the next level of more serious Chip Shortage deletion of features beyond the phone box…?
All P+, 2022 Allroads come with side assist and rear pre-sense rear, as well as the advanced key and hands free tailgate. Adaptive cruise control is standard equipment - it's not an option for the P+. Not sure about your other concerns, but I don't think your app is up to date. Even the Premium comes with side assist and rear pre-sense rear, as well as the advanced key and hands free tailgate, if you opt for the convenience package. My biggest question is why you post here instead of calling your dealer or referring to your order sheet???
The following 2 users liked this post by Aviator6:
1killera4 (01-24-2022), bniner (02-27-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Aviator6
My biggest question is why you post here instead of calling your dealer or referring to your order sheet???
Hi Aviator, I am posting here and using Audi Chat in part because my order is a fleet order (e.g. company car) so while there is technically a receiving dealer in the loop they have nothing to do with the order process. The fleet co provides only limited info. While it’s nice to have this job benefit, I unfortunately couldn’t even work via my usual Audi dealer as they don’t partake in fleet orders.

I agree P+ in USA should have this full bundle of features… but my Audi App is hinting at some elements present and some missing.

I do indeed hope it’s an error of the App and not an indicator of feature delete.

I also posted in the event that this is a sign of a bigger impact of chip shortage beyond phone box and key fobs so potentially of general interest.

if anyone has similar situation or knows the workings of the App let us know.

Interestingly when my Allroad does finally arrive it will become the 3rd Audi in my driveway (wife’s 2021 A6, and my daughter drives our O.G. Audi, a 2010 A4). So I will post that picture for sure. (And noting the Audi app accurately reflects the options build on our A6)

Last edited by JSchmo; 01-03-2022 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I recently ordered a 2022 Audi S4 P+ and just got an email from the dealer. It seems that some equipment has been deleted from my S4 due to the chip shortage. Here's a quote from that email.
CRA - Audi Phone box credit. This deletes the cordless charger and reduced the MSRP by $250.
CRF - Semiconductor shortage credit. In my email from Audi it shows that it deletes the driver assistance options. The main driver assistance options
would be the adaptive cruise control with traffic assist, Active laneassist, hands on detection steering wheel. I'm assuming the "hands on
detection" will not be in the vehicle as it only comes vehicles which have the driver assistance options. This reduces the MSRP by an additional $1,200.

None of those items were "must have" for me, but maybe this may pertain to your issue.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah that would line up with what I am seeing and confirms my concerns. Thanks for the insight.

And I have to say this is quite a big delete, For me personally the adaptive cruise with traffic assist is a feature I will dearly miss. Too bad my order process didn’t give me transparency to this (through no fault of Audi’s in my case).

Old 01-03-2022, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviator6
I recently ordered a 2022 Audi S4 P+ and just got an email from the dealer. It seems that some equipment has been deleted from my S4 due to the chip shortage. Here's a quote from that email.
CRA - Audi Phone box credit. This deletes the cordless charger and reduced the MSRP by $250.
CRF - Semiconductor shortage credit. In my email from Audi it shows that it deletes the driver assistance options. The main driver assistance options
would be the adaptive cruise control with traffic assist, Active laneassist, hands on detection steering wheel. I'm assuming the "hands on
detection" will not be in the vehicle as it only comes vehicles which have the driver assistance options. This reduces the MSRP by an additional $1,200.

None of those items were "must have" for me, but maybe this may pertain to your issue.
if the credit is towards Driver assistance package, then most probably the car won't be equipped with the following features:
  • Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
  • Audi pre sense front
  • Traffic sign recognition
  • Audi active lane assist
  • Traffic congestion assist
  • Hands-on Detection
Old 01-03-2022, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I think I'm pretty much in the same production run as you. I ordered my A4 allroad with the Prestige package at the end of June 2021 and it has finally arrived in port in the US as of 12/31/2021. So I was able to do what you did and enter the VIN into the MyAudi app. Mine shows the extra features you list as "missing" in the Optional Equipment section, the other stuff (like pre-sense city) are listed under the Standard Equipment. I was just wondering if you looked in both sections? The app may just be showing me the standard option listing for the Prestige package, but the phone box is noticeably absent while the other options are still listed, at least for me.

I haven't heard anything from dealer about any missing options other than the phone box delete that has been on the order sheet for months, but I wasn't really planning on going into the issue with them until the car was on their lot so they could physically confirm that all of the options other than the phone box are present and active.
The following users liked this post:
gary135r (01-04-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kdagher
if the credit is towards Driver assistance package, then most probably the car won't be equipped with the following features:
  • Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
  • Audi pre sense front
  • Traffic sign recognition
  • Audi active lane assist
  • Traffic congestion assist
  • Hands-on Detection
Yep, that's pretty much what the email states. None of which are "must haves" for me.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dengel68
.Mine shows the extra features you list as "missing" in the Optional Equipment section, the other stuff (like pre-sense city) are listed under the Standard Equipment. I was just wondering if you looked in both sections? The app may just be showing me the standard option listing for the Prestige package, but the phone box is noticeably absent while the other options are still listed, at least for me..,
Yes I have been toggling back and forth between Standard and Optional Equipment tabs and trying to interpolate what it means. Unlike your Prestige build, on my PP I do not see any items flagged as “missing”.

BUT there are a few odd inconsistencies in my app’s listing such as pre-sense showing up as “city” in standard equip and again in options as “basic and city”… and the app also clearly shows My car does have the 3 spoke steering wheel with HOD which would be on the more useless end of the spectrum of features unless part of Driver Assistance!

This all makes me wonder if some of this will be sorted out at the port facility…. Eg an initially missing chip gets air shipped across the pond and then plugged in and the op system re-flashed at the port…? One can hope.

in my case of a fleet order I paid out of pocket a few grand for these options because the PP build was over our company’s target price…now remains to be seen if I can actually get any credit back to to me, or if it gets lost in the funky accounting. Or maybe I can get a credit towards Audi connect etc…

ps my production date was Dec 14th but the system doesn’t show where the vehicle is (unlike some who can see what boat etc)

Anyway, Interesting times!

Last edited by JSchmo; 01-03-2022 at 10:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Aviator6 (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes I have been toggling back and forth between Standard and Optional Equipment tabs and trying to interpolate what it means. Unlike your Prestige build, on my PP I do not see any items flagged as “missing”.

BUT there are a few odd inconsistencies in my app’s listing such as pre-sense showing up as “city” in standard equip and again in options as “basic and city”… and the app also clearly shows My car does have the 3 spoke steering wheel with HOD which would be on the more useless end of the spectrum of features unless part of Driver Assistance!

This all makes me wonder if some of this will be sorted out at the port facility…. Eg an initially missing chip gets air shipped across the pond and then plugged in and the op system re-flashed at the port…? One can hope.

in my case of a fleet order I paid out of pocket a few grand for these options because the PP build was over our company’s target price…now remains to be seen if I can actually get any credit back to to me, or if it gets lost in the funky accounting. Or maybe I can get a credit towards Audi connect etc…

ps my production date was Dec 14th but the system doesn’t show where the vehicle is (unlike some who can see what boat etc)

Anyway, Interesting times!
Nothing was flagged as missing in the equipment details in the app, but the phone box was noticeably absent from the list. From what I can tell, all the other optional equipment is there, although there are some differences in terminology between the website, the order guide and the app that make it a little hard to correlate the info.

It looks like I'm a little closer to delivery than you are. Production complete date is Nov 17th, Ship Departure date is Dec 11th, and Port Arrival date is somewhere around Dec 31st. So now I'm just waiting for the car to be released to carrier and make it's way to NJ. Hopefully I'll be taking delivery in the next couple of weeks.

In your case, it may just be that all the data for your VIN somehow hasn't been loaded yet. Or the unique way you ordered the car, paying for added options on a Fleet order, has effected what is being shown. At least I hope that's the case. I would hate for you not to get all the options you asked for.

Last edited by dengel68; 01-03-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Quick Reply: A4 AR In Transit - Audi App shows feature deletions?