A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Toronto - Help please :) wheel alignment cost Toronto due to potholes

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Toronto - Help please :) wheel alignment cost Toronto due to potholes

Hi guys,
Main point: I need help with pricing for wheel alignment in Toronto. How much does it usually cost? Where? I live near Don Mills and Lawrence.
Long story:
I was driving to Fairview mall today and on Shepard driving west towards Fairview mall, as I was switching lanes I hit the living h*ll out of a pothole. I'm having problems with my dashcams that I need to go in and have looked at once I have the tires figured out, but man I wish I had it recorded cause you guys would have had a good time listening to me curse in Romanian and English at the pothole.
Anyways... so... flat front passenger tire & bent wheel. Called Audi service. They came and put the spare on. I went to the shop where I got my wheel/tire winter combo from. They're getting it replaced - thankfully it was a replica, only costs like 200. I forgot to ask how much they charge for alignment - I'll call tomorrow, but I wanted to see what it generally costs.
Thanks!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:57 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't have an answer to your question, but what is it with potholes in Toronto in the last week or so? I've noticed lots everywhere...
Old 02-21-2018, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VM
I don't have an answer to your question, but what is it with potholes in Toronto in the last week or so? I've noticed lots everywhere...
Don't get me started. Last month or so actually. Just ridiculous. I actually know some areas where i slow down and just put my yield lights on as I get through the area. So stupid.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Dont have any experience with Audi dealers, but in general wheel alignment is around CAD$150, some charges more, some charges less, not sure why.

What the policy in Toronto for claiming damage due to pothole?

Last edited by IMYM; 02-22-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts

If you have lane assist it will need to be recalibrated at the dealer after the alignment. I have heard this is expensive,
Old 02-22-2018, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think theres a form/site on the City of Toronto website where you can file a claim with the city. Saw this a while back on RFD
This year is really bad for the roads....I don't remember last year being this bad
Old 02-22-2018, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by IMYM
Dont have any experience with Audi dealers, but in general wheel alignment is around CAD$150, some charges more, some charges less, not sure why.

What the policy in Toronto for claiming damage due to pothole?
Seems like a lot - I hope they can do a free analysis to see if it actually requires it.

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
If you have lane assist it will need to be recalibrated at the dealer after the alignment. I have heard this is expensive,
I don't but that would suck.

Originally Posted by SNGGA
I think theres a form/site on the City of Toronto website where you can file a claim with the city. Saw this a while back on RFD
This year is really bad for the roads....I don't remember last year being this bad
Yes - I'll be doing that as soon as I can get pics of my tire and such.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA
Roads are bad everywhere this year. The back and forth cold/warm/cold/warm is hell on the roads. The Tri-State and the New England area are a disaster because of all the back and forth this season. I'm sure Toronto is the same. Also, the skiing SUCKS. Had to cancel this weekends trip to VT.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Roads are bad everywhere this year. The back and forth cold/warm/cold/warm is hell on the roads. The Tri-State and the New England area are a disaster because of all the back and forth this season. I'm sure Toronto is the same. Also, the skiing SUCKS. Had to cancel this weekends trip to VT.
Man I had to cancel 2 snowboarding trips. Really crappy.